𝟎𝟑𝟎 | Shoulder to Shoulder

             THIS TIME, WHEN OPHELIA TOOK the train back to Hogwarts, there was a saddened expression on her face.

She had nothing to look forward to back at school, since Colin had decided to lie to her face, and blame it on her.

She would have stayed at home, but there was nothing at home. If Lucius and Narcissa couldn't make time for Ophelia during the Christmas holidays, what would they do if she were at home for a little longer?

Nothing.

As the Hogwarts Express pulled over at the platform, Ophelia lifted her things by herself, got off the train by herself, and boarded a carriage by herself.

She entered through the tall gates, and heads up to her dormitory.

By herself.

Classes resumed the very next day. As usual, Ophelia had gotten full marks on all the holiday homework she'd handed in, and all her professors were very impressed, and proud of her.

Professor Binns said she was the best student he'd ever had, and even made a speech about her during the next class.

Unfortunately, nobody heard, as the rest of the class was sleeping.

Professor Binns was a ghost, and all he did, was sit at his desk and give lectures, droning on, and on about the history of the Wizarding World.

Even Professor Snape had given her a rare smile. If you could call it a smile. The edges of his lips had barely turned upwards. 

Still, Ophelia would take what she could get.

During Charms, Ophelia had managed to be the first fourth year who actually got the aguamenti charm correct, which was a spell used to produce a jet of water.

But Professor McGonagall was the most impressed. Transfiguration was her best subject by far. When she had successfully transfigured her porcupine into a pincushion on the first try, Professor McGonagall had called her aside and told her to stay back after class.

Ophelia packed her things slowly at the end of class, and once the rest of her classmates had left the class, she approached Professor McGonagall.

"Er— Professor, you wanted to see me?"

"Yes, Miss Malfoy," Professor McGonagall said with a suppressed smile, gesturing for Ophelia to take the seat opposite her.

She sat.

"Miss Malfoy, you're a model student," Professor McGonagall started. "Do you know what that means?"