𝟎𝟐𝟕 | Haters Gonna Hate

             OPHELIA MADE COLIN TELL HER every detail about his date, which he admitted went really well. He had taken Abigail to the Three Broomsticks, and to Honeydukes. 

"Did you kiss her?" Ophelia asked curiously, during Charms class, when they were learning the summoning charm. (Accio.) She didn't know why she asked, but she wanted to know.

Colin's face instantly turned beet red, and he spluttered. "NO!" he exclaimed, pushing her arm and shoving her to the right, making her almost topple over her chair. "Ugh! Why,  would you even think that?"

Ophelia shrugged. "I was just curious," she defended. 

"I wouldn't kiss her on the first date!" he whispered, looking at her strangely.

Ophelia's cheeks pinked, and she cleared her throat. Mariana's charm backfired just then, and Professor Flitwick was busy reprimanding her to pay attention.

But Ophelia noticed that she wasn't paying attention. Her eyes were fixated on Colin and Ophelia, a hurt expression playing on her lips.

And Ophelia knew that she had done it intentionally, judging by the smug look on her face.

She narrowed her eyes at Mariana, scowling.

Ophelia and Colin entered the transfiguration classroom together, and were about to take their seats, when Ophelia's eyes widened, and she gripped Colin's arm, stopping him.

"What?" Colin whispered.

Ophelia pointed at the desk. "Look," she whispered back. The class was empty, no students had arrived yet, and there was a cat on Professor McGonagall's desk.

"Oh my!" Colin muttered, before trying to grab Ophelia's arm to stop her, but it was too late.

She had already made her way to the cat.

Petting its head gently, a small smile crossed her lips. "Aww, it's so soft," she smiled widely, her fingers running down its back. "And it's so cute."

"Ophelia, Professor McGonagall may walk in any minute!" hissed Colin under his breath. "Maybe that's her cat."

But Ophelia didn't listen. "Yes, but I'm only petting it," she assured him. "I'm sure Professor McGonagall wouldn't mind."

The cat wasn't leaning into her touch like Princess Cleopatra did. On the contrary, it was staring straight at her with a stern look.

"Ophelia, I don't think that cat likes being petted..." Colin warned.

"Nonsense, it just hasn't been exposed to my charm properly, yet," she shrugged nonchalantly.

Then, Ophelia placed her hands underneath the cat's belly, and picked it up, placing it in her lap, as she sat on her desk.