𝟎𝟑𝟔 | Sparks Fly

             THE NEXT TIME OPHELIA WOKE up from her sleep, Dumbledore was gone, and Umbridge was the new Headmistress of Hogwarts instead. 

At first, Ophelia thought it was a very horrible dream. It was only when she pinched herself that she realized it was actually real.

And then it hit her like a moving truck.

Oh shit

Nope, this was a very real, terrible, horrible nightmare in which Umbridge was headmistress, and Ophelia had confessed her deepest, darkest secret to Colin Creevey.

The worst part was that she told Colin she was in love with him.

Not only did she ruin their friendship, but if any word of this got out to Lucius Malfoy, then the entire Malfoy name would be screwed.

Why? Because Colin was a mudblood. And Ophelia was a pureblood.

Everyone in the wizarding world knew of this.

So naturally, Ophelia went back to avoiding Colin. But this time, she took it to the extreme. She avoided all the places he would probably be at, and avoided all the places that he would think to look for her.

Also known as residing in the room of requirement and skipping meals in the Great Hall.

At least this all had one good outcome; Ophelia was able to go a month without much talking or eating, and so, it was easy for her to keep a mandrake leaf in her mouth for a month as the first step of her Animagus training.

And then, she put the leaf in a crystal phial, added one of her hairs, and collected dew from the forbidden forest.

Then, she left her phial in a cool, dark place. The room of requirement became a cave, and Ophelia left her potion there, and began waiting for the next electrical storm.

Along with making the Hogwarts' students' lives hell, Professor Umbridge also decided that she needed a group of spies and bullies to make life at Hogwarts worse.

Of course, Draco was only too keen to become one of Umbridge's spies. He boasted and bragged that he was part of the Inquisitorial Squad— Ophelia thought that name sounded like child detectives— and how many great privileges were bestowed upon him. 

As in, members of the Inquisitorial Squad were allowed to give and take points from the other Hogwarts students as they pleased, and were allowed to hand out detentions to other prefects.

Not to mention that their curfew was a whole hour later than those of the other Hogwarts students.