𝟎𝟏𝟖 | Déjà Vu

                       TEN MINUTES AFTER THE TRAIN started moving, Ophelia felt the door to her compartment rattle, and slide open.

"Hey, would you mind if I sat he—"

"Yes. Get out." Ophelia stated bluntly, her eyes still focused on her book. She hadn't looked up to see who'd spoken. She was alone, her feet perched atop the seat opposite her, and the blinds to her compartment had been drawn.

"Ophelia?" the voice echoed again. 

At that, her head snapped upwards.

She hadn't recognized the voice. And she hadn't recognized its owner too, until a few seconds later. His voice had gotten deeper, and he had become so much taller, and slightly muscular, but he was still the same.

It was Colin Creevey.

"Colin?" Ophelia stood up, a small smile curving its way onto her stale expression. He looked so much more different than last year, she could barely recognize him.

She took in the height difference. He was almost a whole foot taller than her.

"Ophelia," Colin smiled, before shutting the door of the compartment behind him and attacking her, full force, into a hug. "Why didn't you write to me?" 

She slowly wrapped her arms around him, her cheeks suddenly flushing pink. Her heart fluttered as she felt his arms around her, and she cleared her throat, noticing that he'd started using some sort of cologne. It wasn't strong, but it smelt of wood. She kind of liked it. She noticed their differences in height. The top of her head reached his chin, when before, he was only a few inches taller.

"I.. I couldn't write," Ophelia muttered. "To keep you safe."

Colin rolled his eyes and sat opposite her. Whatever he wanted to say to reply to her comment, he didn't say. 

Ophelia let her gaze wander as she surveyed her best friend. "You look different," she commented. "I couldn't recognize you."

Colin laughed. "Yeah, shock to me as well," he agreed. "You, on the other hand, look exactly the same as I left you, but with longer hair."

Ophelia felt her cheeks flush slightly. 

"Still reading Antony and Cleopatra?" Colin raised a brow.

"I'm re-reading it again," Ophelia corrected. 

"You're obsessed with that book," he remarked. "Out of all the people that I know, who have read Shakespeare, everyone prefers Romeo and Juliet. Why do you like this one so much?"