𝟎𝟒𝟗 | I Forgot That You Existed

             EYES NARROWED AT THE PAIR, a low, unladylike growl pronounced displeasure from Ophelia's throat. 

Blood pounded through her ears, pulsing through every capillary with strong purpose as Ophelia's heard thudded loudly in her chest.

So many weeks had past that she'd successfully avoided him, and now Draco went and brought him here; to the only safe space she had.

She couldn't even fathom what to say, it was like her tongue had tied itself into a knot and swallowed itself down her throat. Completely rendered speechless, save from the little growls of anger and narrowed eyes, Ophelia was burning hot everywhere. 

Anger. The tips of her ears and nose turned dark red, and the crimson flush began spreading across her cheeks like the plague.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Ophelia hissed, finally managing to untie her tongue and find the words she struggled to say despite her constricted throat.

Draco and Theodo— the other boy stared back at her.

"He knows," Draco finally explained, as if those two words would be enough to explain everything.

"Yeah, no shit," Ophelia snarled. "Obviously, he wouldn't be here if he didn't know." Her eyes narrowed further as she spared the other boy a quick glance.

"Malfoy, hear me out—" Theodore began, but he was interrupted by Ophelia.

"Shut it, Nott," she growled, without sparing him a glance. "Draco, you've got five minutes to explain or else I'm leaving."

"Okay," Draco sighed, "Nott was—"

Ophelia cut him off sharply, sending another glare to the Nott heir. "Alone."

Ophelia sent another glare to Nott, silently warning him not to interrupt. The brown haired boy sat on the dusty couch with a suppressed smile that Ophelia didn't see.

"Fine," Draco said slowly, pulling her aside, away from Nott's line of sight and hearing. "Theodore accidentally saw my mark when I was changing in the dorm," Draco began. 

"I tried to hide it, but he'd seen it," Draco continued. "And he didn't question it or anything. He just... accepted it."

"But why is he here?" Ophelia asked, her temper slowly simmering downwards. "You know... You know I hate him," she breathed, her chest tightening as she thought of all those times he'd pinned her to the wall, and all those times he'd broken her confidence with his words... and all those times she had to stare at the ugly bruises on her wrists because he'd gripped her too tight. "He.... He hurt me..." she whispered timidly, shyly, afraid that Draco would take the side of her best friend instead of hers, like the way he used to.