𝟎𝟒𝟐 | Lavender Haze

             AZKABAN WAS HELL. LITERALLY. OPHELIA, Narcissa and Draco only spent an hour in the wizarding prison, and the moment they stepped into the premises, all they wished to do was leave. 

The dementors were circling them the moment they set foot on the island. All of Ophelia's worst memories began replaying in her head, over and over again, until she was internally struggling not to scream out loud.

The dementors led the three of them to Lucius' cell.

The moment Ophelia saw Lucius in the cell, tears spilled down her cheeks. She couldn't bear to see him like this. Matted hair, a growing beard, dark circles under his eyes, and covered in filth.

He looked sunken and pale; like he hadn't seen sunlight for days, yet the moment he saw Narcissa, Ophelia and Draco, life entered his eyes. 

"Ophelia," he breathed, his hand reaching for hers through the bars of the cell.

"Daddy," she choked, sniffling as she tried to hug him through the bars.

"I'm okay, sweetheart, I'll be out in no time," Lucius said with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Lucius," Narcissa said softly, her hand touching his over the metal of the bar. 

"Be strong, Narcissa," Lucius told her hoarsely.

"And Draco, may I have a word with you?" Lucius added. "Alone?"

Narcissa and Ophelia stepped away while Lucius spoke to Draco. Narcissa had fear in her eyes, and Ophelia noticed that she was shivering. 

"Mummy?" Ophelia asked. "Are you alright?"

Narcissa nodded grimly, a tear trickling down her cheek and into her lap.

Ophelia took her mother's hand in her own, and went back to Lucius' cell after he was done speaking to Draco.

"Lucius," Narcissa whispered. "We won't be allowed to visit you any more..."

"I know, Narcissa. But I'll be out in no time," Lucius convinced her. "In the mean time, I need you to look after Ophelia and Draco. Do that for me."

Narcissa nodded. 

"Ophelia..." Lucius began. "I need you to—"

But nobody knew what Lucius was going to say, because at that moment, a huge swarm of dementors circled around Ophelia, Narcissa and Draco, and began sucking the life out of them.

Narcissa screamed, clutching the bars of Lucius' cell as she collapsed with the mere force of her memories as they began to play out in her head.

Lucius shut his eyes tightly, mentally willing the dementors to go away.