𝟎𝟓𝟕 | New Year's Day

             PART OF HER WOULD ALWAYS hold a slight grudge to the way Theodore Nott had hurt Ophelia throughout her first few years at Hogwarts, but after that night, after Slughorn's party, Ophelia decided that she would let it go.

Seeing a little part of her childhood had made her realize how much she had been holding onto it, and how much she needed to let go of the past and grow up.

People change, and it was time for Ophelia to change too.

The Malfoy heiress had come to the conclusion that Theodore and her had both changed and weren't the same people anymore. She had let down her guard around him, and decided that if he hurt her any more, she would deal with it maturely.

All this time, whenever Theodore had hurt her, she had made excuses for him, and ended up wasting half of her nights crying because she couldn't help but feel the betrayal of her former childhood friend.

But she had come to understand that her Theo was gone. He had been gone ever since he came to Hogwarts, and he had grown up and left Ophelia in their little happy childhood fantasy.

But now she had let it all go, the little pretend castles and picnics in the treehouse, the locked up princess in the tower... the dragon, the knight... 

All gone. 

It was all locked up in a little corner of Ophelia's mind.

Never to be lived again, but just to be remembered. And when Ophelia would grow up, she would open the little treasure chest of memories and bestow them upon her children, so they could go on all the adventures she had as a little girl.

And Ophelia desperately hoped and wished with all her heart that they would never grow up.

The train ride back home was spent in almost complete silence. Draco and Ophelia sat beside each other, and opposite them sat Blaise and Theo.

Theodore would be staying over at Malfoy Manor, as Narcissa had agreed with enthusiasm in her letter to Draco and Ophelia, and Blaise was welcome to visit any time.

As soon as Ophelia set foot into her home, she could feel the presence of the dark lord all around her. The shadow of death and misery hung above the manor like a dark cloud bringing not rain, but storms of icy winds and hail, determined to let everyone drown in their floods of demise.

Her fingertips twitched, able to sense the dark magic that reeked through the air.

But all the darkness that loomed over the manor suddenly vanished when Narcissa came into view. She was smiling, her blue eyes watering at the sight of Draco, Ophelia and Theodore, the boy whom she considered a son to her.

"Oh, how much you've grown," she hugged Theo first, tightly, and Ophelia could see his arms wound around her, shaking slightly. His eyes were closed, nose buried into Narcissa's shoulder, and Ophelia had a quick flashback of how much he clung to Narcissa when Selene died.