𝟎𝟓𝟗 | The Story Of Us

             TRANSFIGURATION HAD ALWAYS BEEN OPHELIA'S favourite subject ever since she had joined Hogwarts, but lately, she had been enjoying potions immensely.

For one, Professor Slughorn was a lot more cheerful than Professor Snape, as he constantly encouraged them when they flourished, instead of meeting their hardworking efforts with a sullen stare like the previous potions master.

Although Ophelia would definitely admit that Professor Snape was much, much more skilled at potions than Professor Slughorn was. For some reason, whenever Professor Snape wrote the instructions on the board, Ophelia's potion was always perfect. With Slughorn as her teacher, Ophelia had to improvise and alter the instructions on the board just a bit, according to the way she had learnt with Professor Snape, in order to prepare a perfect potion.

Another reason why Ophelia looked forward to potions was because she could spend time with Colin in public without being judged or questioned for it. The two would quietly converse while brewing their potion, which somehow, they always managed to finish first and collect the most points for their house.

As for transfiguration, Ophelia excelled in it. She had finally agreed to do her OWL examination earlier than the rest of her class, and she was due to sit for it in about a month. 

Almost every single day, she had extra classes with Professor McGonagall to help her revise and go over the concepts she hadn't yet covered or mastered, ahead of the rest of the other fifth years.

Her tutoring was going well too; all the first, second and third years she taught were doing much, much better in transfiguration, and Professor McGonagall was very pleased with Ophelia, that she awarded the Malfoy heiress fifty points for Gryffindor.

The blonde also found herself growing much closer to Theo than she had in her previous years at Hogwarts. Counting the fact that her relationship with her brother was better, Ophelia had never felt more at home at Hogwarts than she did now.

There was a void in her chest that Lucius' presence usually filled, but now that Ophelia had companionship at Hogwarts, she was more distracted from her father's absence.

She had her brother by her side, and she had plenty of friends; Colin, Theo, Blaise, Luna, and Adriana, the first year Gryffindor.

Ophelia and Theo were almost inseparable whenever they met. Something had changed between them. It was obvious.