𝟎𝟏𝟓 | A Thousand Constellations

{ important author's note at the bottom. }

 }

                      IT WAS MUCH EASIER FOR Ophelia to avoid Draco Malfoy with Colin Creevey by her side. The pair of them would spent their days in the secret corridor of the library behind the restricted section, and, after Colin had accidentally discovered where the kitchens are, neither of them found any need to attend meals at the Great Hall. Instead, they would sneak food into their bags, and eat in the library, whilst taking thousands of silly photos and playing word games.

Everything seemed alright. Or at least, better than it was. Ophelia hadn't received a letter from her father in a long time, and although she tried writing to him twice a week, he wouldn't send any response.

But after four weeks of no letters from her father, Ophelia took matters into her own hands and wrote to her mother, asking about the wellbeing of her father. 

Narcissa's letter indicated that Lucius was merely busy at work, swamped with ministry files and business that needed to be dealt with, and that he was arriving home very late, and leaving home early, with time barely enough to eat.

Wherever he was, Ophelia hoped he was alright.

The end of the term was approaching closer, and so was the third task. Ophelia couldn't wait for the summer. She'd already written to both Lucius and Narcissa on how she wanted to go to Russia this year. 

Not many people bothered her anymore. In fact, she was left to her own devices, most of the time, and she much preferred it this way. Obviously, she was the center of attention, since she did make sure to dress over the top, as always.

While Ron and Hermione were all helping Harry prepare for the third task, somehow, Rita Skeeter was getting all the inside gossip about Hogwarts, and Ophelia tried to wrap her head around it, but couldn't figure it out.

Exactly two months after Ophelia's birthday, the twenty-fourth of June, to be exact, breakfast at the Gryffindor table was a very noisy affair. It was also the day of the third task.

Rita Skeeter had published an article on how Harry kept having seizures and troubled dreams about You-Know-Who, and that had created a big stink on the Gryffindor table, much to Ophelia's amusement.

When Ophelia read through the paper, she noticed Draco had given in most of the information, and she felt a surge of betrayal, on how the foul Skeeter woman and completely slandered their family name, and now he was helping her.

"Potter, I'd loved to have become famous one day," Ophelia remarked, setting the paper in front of the boy who lived. "But if fame comes with this, now I'm not sure anymore."