𝟎𝟏𝟏 | Oh Christmas Tree

                    IT WAS PROFESSOR MCGONAGALL THAT reminded Ophelia that majority of the students were staying back at Hogwarts for the Christmas break this year to partake in the Yule Ball, a Triwizard tradition. Unfortunately, it was only open to fourth years an above, so most of the first, second and third year students had signed up to go home for the holidays.

Ginny Weasley was bragging that she would be allowed to go, since she had a date, while Mariana was jealous of Ginny Weasley. Ophelia wanted to go home for the holidays, and not spend any extra, unnecessary time with the Hogwarts students than she needed to.

The Yule Ball was barely a week away, and Ophelia could see people giggling, and staring, which made it awkward for her to be around them. People were asking each other to the ball, some girls were crying after their preferred choice asked out someone else, and boys were fighting with each other for apparently, asking out the girl they liked.

Hogwarts, and its never-ending drama, Ophelia rolled her eyes.

The blonde was still slightly behind schedule on her schoolwork, especially because she hadn't attended her classes for two days, after she had been released from the hospital wing, as she had been hiding out in the Room of Requirement.

She had moved her belongings there. 

Apparently, Ginny and Mariana were saying that she had finally moved to the Slytherin hole, where she belonged. But Ophelia wasn't hurt at that, since she knew that Mariana and Ginny would kill to have the room in which she was sleeping in.

The best part was that the Room of Requirement resembled her bedroom at Malfoy Manor exactly.

Four days before the Yule Ball. Everyone was now rushing to find a date, because apparently, going dateless was worse than going with someone not-so-good-looking.

Had Ophelia been older, she would have no doubt, been the first girl every guy would have asked.

It was after Charms class that the most unexpected thing happened.

A rather handsome boy from Durmstrang, with long, shoulder-length dark hair, and piercing green eyes, bent down on one knee in front of Ophelia, and asked her to the ball, handing her a single, white rose.

If he were a Hogwarts student, she would have yelled in his face. But he was a Durmstrang boy, and clearly, he had manners. 

"Miss Malfoy, will you go to the ball with me?"

Ophelia looked into his eyes. "I'm a third year," she stated. 

"Yes, I know. But I would like you to be my date," the boy replied.

"I don't think I'm go—" she began, but stopped herself. This could work out to her advantage. This was the perfect opportunity for her to actually make a name for herself. "Yes, I will."