𝟎𝟓𝟒 | Right Where You Left Me

             WHEN OPHELIA ASKED THEODORE WHY he did not want her to hate him, after all these years of hurting her, he delivered the simple answer that they were supposed to be getting along, for Draco's sake, and said no more.

But thoughts regarding the very matter continued to plague her mind.

What had suddenly changed that made Theodore want her not to hate him? After all these years of constant torture and words that had broken her confidence... What changed?

Her confusion constantly mingled with her mind, the whos and the whys... All possible scenarios invaded her mind like twisted tendrils of smoke, diffusing all over her head and clouding her thoughts completely.

And Ophelia's hate for him grew... just a little less. She yet had to forgive him for the five years of mental torture he'd sent her way, but this year he had been less of a jerk towards her. And no doubt, Ophelia knew that this was because Draco had threatened him.

Although he had comforted her and helped her start eating again after weeks of food deprivation, Ophelia could not bring herself to just welcome him back into her life and continue their friendship to where they had left off. 

She could not bring her old feelings for him to resurface. He had hurt her to the point of scarring her so deep that it would take loads of redemption for her scars to heal and fade.

And he had seemed to understand this. Theodore had kept his distance from her, without imposing too much, and only approached Ophelia once a day, to take her to the kitchens and makes sure she ate.

And day by day, Ophelia began to heal.

The jagged scars of her past began to heal with his help, starting with her eating disorder. Everyday, Theodore made her eat a little bit more, and with time, she was back to gaining weight. She was feeling extremely insecure, with every pound she gained, but Theodore constantly assured her that she was starting to look healthy.

For inexplicable reasons, Ophelia believed him. She trusted him. She wasn't afraid. Because somehow, without explanation, she knew he was right this time. She knew he wasn't trying to hurt her.

Her mind kept telling her that she shouldn't trust him, but her heart said she should.

Potions was her worst class. It wasn't the subject material, it wasn't the professor, and it wasn't that she found it difficult.

No, everything was perfect, except for her partner.

Colin Creevey  had done nothing to earn Ophelia's resentment, but the Malfoy heiress still hated him.

She hated him for not kissing her back. She hated him for not cheating on Abigail. She hated him for not loving her back. But most of all, she hated him for being so fucking good all the time.