𝟎𝟐𝟖 | Fight or Flight

             SHE SPENT THE NEXT TWO days in anger, sending spiteful glares at Ginny every single time she saw her. Meanwhile, the Weasley girl was getting a whole load of praise and popularity showered her way, while Ophelia was once again, kicked to the curb for reasons unknown.

She should have known that it was too good to be true. That her, Ophelia Malfoy, would ever be on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. No, it wasn't fair. Not one bit.

Just as she thought things would get better...

She resented Angelina. She hated Ginny.

At least she still had Colin, even if the whole world was against her.

Colin seemed sympathetic when Ophelia told him about what happened with the Quidditch team, and after he gave her a hug, and told her everything would work out, she felt much, much better.

"Everything will be okay, Ophelia," Colin said quietly, pulling the blonde into his shoulder and wrapping his arms around her. "Just give it time."

And so, Ophelia did. She gave it time. 

Three days passed, and during every Quidditch practice, she showed up, and sat on the bench, without saying a word. 

A week later, and once again, Angelina approached her.

"Hey Malfoy," Angelina greeted cheerfully, after they were the only two left in the locker rooms. Ophelia was done changing.

"Johnson," replied Ophelia coolly, her expression impassive.

"I'm really sorry about—"

"It's fine," Ophelia cut her off. "It doesn't matter. I should have known you'd choose a Weasley over a Malfoy."

"No, see, the thing is.. I want you to play beater.." Angelina explained. "You're... really good."

Ophelia's expression remained neutral, save for the small eye-brow raise. 

And then, several silent moments later, she spoke.

"Fine, I'll do it."

Because playing as beater, was better than not playing at all.

And so, Ophelia became the first ever female beater for the Gryffindor team.

As Ophelia got used to her new position on the team, and tried to fit in with the team, November was out like a dying fire, and the flame of December was alight, bringing with it the Christmas spirit.

Hagrid, Filch and Professor Flitwick were working on decorating the castle together, and Ophelia had to dodge the mistletoe on her way to her classes, in fear of being trapped underneath with someone she barely knew.