𝟎𝟐𝟔 | Through the Streets

             HOGSMEADE WAS A PLACE THAT somehow always made Ophelia feel much better. The small wizarding village cheered her up immensely. There was always something special about entering the streets, with its narrow, cobbled pathways and quaint little houses.

The cold air always bloomed with magic, the moment she set foot into Hogsmeade, and always managed to bring up her spirits. 

The first Hogsmeade visit of the year was usually the best. After being at Hogwarts for nearly two months, visiting the village was a nice change of scenery for Ophelia.

Colin would be going with Abigail, of course. He had waved goodbye to Ophelia at the Gryffindor common room, before heading to the Ravenclaw common room to pick Abigail up. Ophelia was thrilled for her best friend, but her spirits had been slightly dampened at the thought of going to the village alone.

The good thing about all of this was the fact that Ophelia would be able to visit Mr. Harper, at H&M Establishment. All summer, she had written to him briefly, and he would send more books for her to read. Now, however, Ophelia was looking forward to seeing him in person. 

Stopping by Honeydukes Sweet Shop to buy a few of her favorite Sugar Quills and bubble gum, she bought a butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks, before setting off in the direction of the abandoned alleyway that lead to her favorite bookstore.

On reaching the old building, a smile crept onto her face. The windows were polished, and the building had been refurbished, having been painted a bright shade of dark, turquoise blue. 'H&M Establishment,' in gold, capital lettering was painted at the top, and Ophelia's lips parted as her grey eyes stared at the building in admiration.

Slowly, she slipped past the door, the bell chiming and informing the shop's occupants of her surprise arrival. 

Mr. Harper was sitting by the fireplace, and on seeing Ophelia, he stood up, closed his book, and gave her a warm smile. "Ah, Ophelia, my child!"

"Mr. Harper," Ophelia greeted fondly, reaching up to wrap her arms around him. 

"You've barely grown since last year," Mr. Harper chuckled, clearing his throat.

Ophelia noticed he had aged considerably. His beard seemed whiter, and his eyes looked greyer... "Everyone's said that," she laughed with a small smile.

"How have you been?"

"Okay," she nodded. "I've finished all the books you sent."

Mr. Harper shook his head with a small smile. "Ah well, there's plenty more to be read."

The bookstore had been refurbished quite a lot, since the last time she'd been in there. The books were arranged chronologically on the shelves, based on genre and author, and it had been thoroughly cleaned.