𝟎𝟕𝟔 | The Man

             IT WAS A COMMON FACT; Cormac McLaggen was officially known as the most annoying person in all of Hogwarts. From the way he bossed everyone around at Quidditch, to the way he flirted with every single girl that walked his way, Ophelia despised him.

He was shallow, empty, arrogant and completely lacked personality.

And on the Quidditch pitch?

He was an infinite number of times worse.

Now, one would ask; what on earth was Cormac McLaggen be doing on the Gryffindor Quidditch team?

Well Ron Weasley had been poisoned very recently, which left the keeper spot open, and since McLaggen had been the second best at the Quidditch trials after Weasley... He got the spot.

The rest of the team despised him. He was constantly telling everyone what to do, and how to do it, that Harry's title of Quidditch captain meant nothing any more. McLaggen would show Harry how to do the seeking, he would show the beaters how to do the beating, and he would even show Ophelia and the rest of the chasers how to do the chasing.

And amidst all this, he neglected his own position of keeper.

It was madness.

The entire Gryffindor team was merely putting up with him at practice in hopes that Ron Weasley would be back on his feet in no time, and take his rightful place as keeper before the match against Hufflepuff.

But when the day of the match finally arrived, Ophelia caught Ginny's eye in the locker rooms and the redhead shook her head, a silent indication that her brother was still unwell.

Her eyes seemed to blame Ophelia, but the blonde looked away before Ginny could get any more provoked.

Out on the Quidditch pitch, the young Malfoy heiress could see rows and rows of Hogwarts students, all arranged into their respective houses. Hufflepuff was fully dressed in yellow, holding banners and waving flags that contributed to their team.

Gryffindor was like wildfire. The entire Gryffindor stands were red, bold and emblazoned slogans and posters could be seen from the other end of the pitch.

Slytherin was all in green, as usual. They would never show their support for any other team openly other than their own, unless it was Ravenclaw, and even then, their efforts were always minimal.

Ravenclaw was a mix of both blue, red and yellow, the members of the Ravenclaw were evenly spread out between supported Gryffindor and Hufflepuff.