Chapter 9: Feelings

Abbi's POV"

I don't understand what you mean. What do you mean by that? No one sent me here. I sent an application, got interviewed, and accepted, so I don't understand you." I said, my heart racing in fear.

"Okay, if you say so. You can leave, I'll get back to you." She said, and I left her office.

"What in the world just happened?" I mumbled once I came out of her office.

After an hour, I was called back in. This time, the recruiting manager and COO, Mr Daniel was with her.

"Ms. Smith, we are sorry to inform you that your service here is no longer needed. Therefore, with the rest of the other interns leaving today, you'll join them. Mr Damien, the recruiting manager said.

"What? Did I do something wrong? My name was just announced amongst the full-time employees," I said,

"Ms Smith, we're sorry for the mixup. The acceptance letter was meant for another Abigail but was sent to you by accident." Mrs. Naomi said, shocking me. No wonder I got accepted.

"But isn't there any way I can continue working here? I mean, I already passed my internship right?" I asked, desperately

"I'm sorry Ms. Smith, you do not meet our requirements," The COO said.

"But there is one thing that can be done," he said, giving me hope.

"Since you worked as the CEO's Secretary, he should have a say in whether to keep you or not, so I'll speak with him." He said, making me relieved.

There's no way Eric won't want me. Right? But why did this have to happen today out of all days?"You can continue your work, Ms. Smith. Everything has been sorted. We're sorry for the inconvenience we've caused." Mr Daniel said before leaving for his office.

ERIC'S POV

"Come in," I said, hearing a knock on my door.I watched as Abbi walked in and pulled me in a hug.

"Thank you so much Eric" her voice coming out mumbled as her face was tucked in my chest.

"Thank you for what Abbi?"For letting me stay," she replied.

"What do you mean by that, Abbi?" I asked pulling her away from me.

"This is your company. You're my wife and you have a right in here. You also own one of the biggest shares in here so why should you leave your company."

"Really?" She asked, her expression that of shock.

"Yes. You keep forgetting that your parents are co-owners of this company and they left their shares to you. You can even become the CEO."

"I don't want to be the CEO. I just want to work. She replied as if disgusted by being a CEO.

"But what of the other lady then that I took her place?" She asked, her expression shifting to that of guilt.

"Don't worry about that my love. I've asked Aunt Naomi to arrange some other work for her."

"Ohh...but why do you call her aunt?" She asked, her face evident of curiosity.

"That's because she is my aunt. She is Mum's cousin."

She mouthed an ooo before drawing me into an embrace again, saying thanks nevertheless.

ABIGAIL'S POV

I could have sworn I heard him say my love, but I couldn't, cause I've been imagining and hearing things for a while now.

I embraced my husband, happy that he made me keep my Job. At least that man's name did something good for me.

"I'll make something special for you when we get home," I said, pulling out of his embrace and scribbling off to my desk before he asked any questions.

When I went to the cafeteria to get lunch, eyes were on me. I guessed they must have heard about what happened.

I got my food and went back to my desk, away from judging eyes.

Today was extra busy. I was just learning that some of our trade secret was leaked to one of our competitors and the one who did it was the employee who was in charge of sending the acceptance letter during the time I applied. I then understood what really happened earlier.

They must have thought we were working together since I wasn't supposed to be employed in the first place.

Everyone was busy trying to find out how much was leaked and how to solve the problem at hand now.

Eric is still working on some client info. He had just sent it last night but since that was part of what was leaked, he needed to come up with something else as the deadline for the draft was in two days.

It was 9 PM and I was tired so I went home. I wanted to prepare dinner but was too lazy to do that so, I fell asleep on the couch in the sitting room as I was also too lazy to walk to the elevator.

***The smell of pizza woke me up. I saw Eric placing a box of pizza right on the table in front of me. It was then I realized what time it was and how hungry I was. I quickly got up from the couch, the sleep completely vanishing from my eyes, and opened the box of pizza. I heard Eric chuckle at my action but said nothing as I focused on my food.

While eating, I remembered the dream I had where Eric kissed me confessing his love for me, and smiled inwardly. If only that could happen in real life.

Everything between Eric and I was going well. We do a lot of fun things together and cuddle a lot. But I wanted more. I wanted him to treat me like a woman...his wife. He shows me love and all but just like a guy would treat his younger sister.

Sometimes I dream about us going on dates, kissing each other, and saying I love you, but nothing like that ever happened. I can only be the little sister he sees me as because I would hate to spoil what we have now.

I had finished eating my fourth slice of pizza and was about to eat the last slice when Eric caught my hand.

"This last slice of pizza is mine. You've eaten four slices and I ate just two so I get to have the last slice" He said like he was talking to a little kid who took what wasn't hers.

"It's not my fault you eat so slowly," I teased, quickly removing my hand from his and running off with the last slice.

Before I could relax and take a bite from the pizza, he caught up to me. I immediately climbed the dining chair and raised my hand so he wouldn't reach the pizza. As he was jumping and trying to take the pizza off my hand, I don't know what happened or how it happened but I felt the cold floor on my back.

His lips were on mine...and his hands were on my-my boobs. At that moment, it felt like time had stopped and the only thing moving were the voices in my head.