Chapter 17: Unexpected Guest

Abbi's POV

The office is really busier than I thought it would be. It's been two weeks now and we've filled up the vacancies.

I thought things would be less busy but I had been walking down and up since morning getting some lists from the HR, sales, and design departments to Eric. I wonder why they were not sent through emails.

It was lunchtime and I set out to get lunch for myself and Eric.

I came back with our lunch and was going to eat at my desk when he called me back.

"Eat with me." He said.

"But someone might come in" I replied.

"Now how many people have you seen in this office since you started working here?" He asked. We both know the answer to that question so I just went over the couch by the window to sit.

Lunch was actually fun. Eric kept flirting with me and we fed each other.

I was now at my desk trying to get some work done when the phone rang, showing the number from the front desk. I picked it up on the second ring.

"Abigail, there's someone here to see Mr. Jones," the voice I assumed to be May, one of the receptionists said.

I tilted my head confused as he was not expecting anyone today. "What is her name and does she have an appointment with him?" I asked

"She has refused to give us her name. She said she Is the boss's wife,"

I felt a sudden ache in my chest when I heard that. What wife is that? His wife is right here. I'm right here. "Hold on, I'll let Er...Mr. Jones know and get back to you," I composed myself and said.

I hung up the call and entered his office without knocking and it was obvious through my face that I wasn't happy.

"What's wrong my love?" He asked with concern.

"Someone is here to see you," I said

"I don't remember having a schedule with anyone today. Who is she?" He asked.

"I don't know. She says she's your wife." I replied but he gave a 'what do you mean look.'

"A lady is here to see you. She said she's your wife." He gave me a 'what do you mean by that' look and I gave him the 'I should be asking you that' look.

"Should I tell them to let her in?" I asked, looking at him begrudgingly.

"What should I do? I don't think I know this person."

"Well, we'll find out who she is and what she wants," I said before going back to tell the receptionist to let the imposter of a wife in.

After a while, a lady barged into my office without knocking. I guess she's the one who claims to be my husband's wife.

Although she is beautiful, I didn't like her at first glance. There was something about her. Her eyes, body, and whole being screamed 'I'll do anything for money.' I've never been a good judge of others but there's no way I'm wrong about her.

She gave me a nasty look from head to toe showing her disdain for me and my outfit and just walked towards Eric's office without saying a word.

"Excuse me, mam, you can't go in yet. I need your name and why you're here to see Mr. Eric," I said, stopping her from entering his office but ended up with a heavy slap on my face.

To say I was shocked is an understatement. She really hit me. I was so mad that this imposter of a woman who claimed to be my man's wife dared to slap me.

"How dare you filthy thing try to stop me from seeing my husband?" She disgustingly said before pushing me out of her way.

By the time I calmed myself down and returned to reality, she was already in his office. There's no way I'm going to leave my husband alone with a woman like that so I went into his office.

When I entered his office, I saw her trying to snuggle herself onto Eric with him trying to push her away. My first instinct was to go and drag her by her hair away from my man, not until I heard him say her name.

"Get the hell off me, Tasha," I immediately stopped in my tracks.

Tasha...the same Tasha Lau told me to be careful about. What's she doing here claiming to be Eric's wife? I don't know what I was feeling but it certainly wasn't good.

"I said get away from me!" I heard Eric say which brought me out of my thoughts.

Tasha was no longer on him...she was on the floor. He actually pushed her to the floor. I don't know why but I was happy. I laughed inwardly before going back to my office.

It wasn't even up to 5 minutes after I left, she came out clearly angry.

"Bitch," she said, giving me one nasty look again before exiting my office.

As she stormed out of the office, I couldn't shake off the unsettling feelings that roamed. What if he starts falling in love with her all over again? What would I do?

Abbi, I'm so sorry," he said, shortly after coming from his office, his tone sincere. " I don't..."

"Stop it, Eric," I cut him off, not looking at him. I didn't want to hear anything from him now.

Alright my Love," he said softly. "I-I'll leave you to work,"

And with that, he left me to my thoughts. I was hurt that he just let me be like that. He could have kept begging me, asking me to listen, but he just left. I wanted him to reassure me that I was the only one he loved, but I wasn't sure it would change or clear the doubt in my mind.

As the hours passed, I found myself glancing at the computer screen and throwing a tantrum in my head. I should have just let him speak the first time. Now he hasn't said a word to me since then.

"I hate you, Eric," I murmured before leaving the office.