Chapter 26: Scandal

Abbi's POV

I never thought I would be seeing her again, not like this at least. "W-what are you doi..." I trailed off as realization dawned on me.

She is the one I was mistaken for. The one whom I have been a shadow to for years, this same Abygale...Abygale Willows.

"How are you enjoying your new office? I'm sure you like it. But how do you feel when everyone speaks and looks at you the way they do?" she stood close to me, boring into my eyes.

I was lost as to what she was talking about. "I did underestimate you though. I would have never thought you would crawl your way into Mr Jones's bed and get all these things you have now. But not to worry, it's only for a short time. Enjoy it whilst it lasts." She walked around me eyeing me like a predator ready to pounce on her prey.

"And listen to me Abigail Williams, stay away from Mr. Jones, else, i will make your stay here more horrible than it should be," And with that, she showed me out.

I don't know if it was because of the shock of seeing her there or the fear I had for her that made me mute, but I was mute and it sucked. I already vowed not to allow anyone to intimidate me and make use of me in any way, especially that devil. I won't let her walk over me in any way. Not anymore.

***

I found out how Eric always appears in my office without using the main door. Turns out there's a secret passage that leads his office to mine. I found out that there's another office with a passage leading to another office and these offices were once our parents. I guess they also couldn't stay away from each other.

I got into his office using the secret passage and found him sleeping on the couch. He must be really tired. I placed a kiss on his lips and then on his forehead. I was going through the paperwork on the table to see if there was anything I could help with when the door opened.

"What are you doing in here?" Abygale asked, detest obvious in her tone.

"I just came to ask Mr. Eric some questions," I replied.

"Couldn't you have waited when you saw I wasn't in my seat? I only left for a few minutes and you took the chance to barge in here." She was not happy to see me.

I didn't even know she was not at her desk. That's good.

At least she won't question how I got here.

"I'm sorry," I said and was about to open the door when she grabbed my hand.

" Listen to me carefully bitch." She said, widening my eyes. "I have warned you to stay away from him but it seems you don't get it yet. Stay away from the boss. He's mine. All these things you've been doing to seduce him should stop," she warned.

Stop throwing your ugly, disgusting self on him. He doesn't want you. If I see you anywhere close to him again, Your punishment will come quicker than you imagine. And don't think I didn't see what you did to him a while ago. Be warned." She said, letting go of my hand.

The whole time she spoke, I just stood there, looking at her with anger and disgust. She called me names which are not new to me. But her man? Which man?

I should have just let Eric remove the position when he wanted to. Stupid me told him to give her a chance since she was the one who applied for the position the first time but the company made a mistake and employed me.

If I knew it was her, i wouldn't have suggested her in the first place. So this was her plan all along. She wants to seduce my husband but no way would I let that happen. If she thinks I'm the same person she knew back at school, she's wrong.

"No, you listen to me, Abygale Willows. I don't know what it is you're trying to do, but whatever it is, you should stop. And you said Eric is your man! Well, let me tell you this, In case you don't know. Eric is a married man and he belongs to no one else but his wife."

"Whatever fantasy you have about him should end because it won't happen. And so what? You saw me kissing him. How does that make you feel? Do you feel jealous? I kissed the man you're so obsessed with. Does that make you boil?"

"How many times have you tried to seduce him? How far did all your tricks go?...

ohhh...I know... nowhere. You haven't even been able to hold his hands not to talk of kissing him. And you stand here telling me to stay away from him. How about this...Stay. The hell. off. Eric. if you still want your job in this company." I was about to walk out when Eric woke up.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"It's nothing," I said and walked out of the office. I didn't even wait to see her reaction. I've been trying my possible best to avoid her for the past two weeks but no, she keeps spreading rumors. I was even surprised she was the one who started all the weird rumors about me.

As soon as she came in here, she started trouble. I scoffed. How dare she threaten me to stay away from my husband?

***

"I overreacted, didn't I?" I asked Lisa after telling her what happened.

"Overreacted? Come on Abbi...in my opinion, you were too soft. If I were in your shoes, I would slap her across the face and tell her the truth just as is. Who does she think she's talking to? I would also relieve her of her duties since Eric doesn't even want her. Did you even tell him what she said?" She asked.

"He will be traveling tomorrow so I don't want to bother him."

"Ohh right. I almost forgot about that. The whole office is in a mess. I hope they'll be able to solve the problem when they arrive there." She said,

"I hope so too," I replied.

"Hold on...is Abygale also traveling with him?" She asked.

"She is supposed to since she's his secretary but Eric spoke with Auntie Ella to accompany him since she has more experience. So she's not going. If she was supposed to go with him, after today's event, she'll be going nowhere. I wouldn't let her travel with him. Only God knows what she could do." I said, fuming with anger.

"Well, at least you know her true character now so you should be able to deal with her. I have to go back to work now." She said and left.

***

"Can't I just come with you?" I asked Eric as his luggage was being loaded in the boot.

"I really wish you could, my love. But you have things to do here. And we both know if you come with me, I won't be able to focus completely." He placed a kiss on my head.

I pouted and showed disagreement but there was nothing I could do. We shared an intimate kiss before he got into the car and left for the airport.

It was just five in the morning so I went back inside to prepare for work. I can't believe I'm staying in this house all by myself.

Immediately I reached the office, I noticed that eyes were on me. The glare I was receiving was much more intense than what I usually get. I got into the lobby only to be welcomed by very cold water thrown all over me.

"What the hell!"