Chapter 13: A Terrible Day

Abbi's POV

I yawned as I stretched my arms and feet, twisted and turned my body on the bed. What a night. I refused to open my eyes waiting for another round of sleep to take over, but after waiting for minutes without falling asleep, I opened my eyes.

Shopping with Lau is a whole lot of work. I never imagined spending that many hours shopping. And she didn't even buy much. My legs were still aching.

I reached out for my phone on the nightstand but couldn't find it. It was then I realized I was still in yesterday's clothes. I don't remember coming here. Eric must have been the one who brought me in. He must be downstairs. I got up from bed and freshened up. It's just 7 am, I should have slept longer.

As soon as the elevator opened, a very strong aroma hit my nose. I walked towards it and saw my handsome husband setting up breakfast. I'm really blessed to have him in my life.

We usually spend the day at Mom and Dad's since it's Sunday but he said we wouldn't go over today.

We spent the rest of the day watching some movies. He also helped massage my legs. The day didn't pass without him flirting with me. I never knew this side of him but I definitely will get used to it.

***
I hate Mondays so much. I'm currently at work and today has been so busy. Everyone in the design team, marketing department, and finance department has been trying to put things together for a mall that is to be built in Dubai.

So far, the designs submitted were either not satisfactory by the client or were way above the budget when the estimated cost of everything was put together.

"Hey babe, It's time for lunch, what would you like to have?" I asked,

"I'm alright my love. Go have your lunch," he said, dismissing me.

He's taking this project too hard on himself. The client is a friend of Dad and wanted the company to be in charge of everything concerning the building.

"Okay, just let me know if you need anything," I said and left him.

I always eat lunch with Lisa and Ben if I don't eat in my office and we usually meet right at the entrance of the canteen but I only see Ben.

"Where's Lisa?"

"She's busy doing some work. She'll join us later. "

Since I also had work to do, I decided to eat instead of waiting for her.

Just because I don't like crowds, I settled for a quiet place to eat. Ben joined me later.

God knows I don't like this man. The only reason I'm seen with him is because he's Lisa's friend, but I don't like being alone with him, and besides, Eric doesn't like it either. So I ate faster than usual.

I was almost done but still hadn't seen Lisa. I was finally done and was about to leave when Ben stopped me.

"I want to tell you something." I was hesitant but decided to hear what he wanted to say, so I sat down.

"Since the very day I set my eyes on you, I knew you were special,"

I already do not like where this is going. He continued talking but I felt uncomfortable throughout. It sounded like he was reciting a poem from God knows where.

"I really am busy. Since you don't have anything important to say, I beg to take my leave."

"Please give me just one minute. Please." He said, making me sit down again.

"Abigail, I know this might come off too soon...but I love you and I want you to be my girlfriend."

He said exactly what I was hoping he wouldn't and even added extra. I was ten times uncomfortable at this point. Something about him just felt off. My spirit and soul don't like this guy.

"Ummm...I don't...I think" I stuttered trying to find the right word to say to him when I suddenly felt a hand caressing mine. I quickly moved mine out of his.

"Look, Ben, thank you for loving me. As for being your girlfriend, I can't. I'm married so please, it will be best if you stop whatever feelings you have for me." I said and quickly left before he could say anything else.

Oh God! What kind of problem is this? I've never liked Ben before, this just made it worse. He's now on my top list of people that I should avoid in this office.

I reached the elevator and waited for it to open before getting in and pressing the button for my floor. Before the elevator closed, Ben quickly got in. To say I was uncomfortable was an understatement. My heart was racing...in a bad way.

"Acting tough uhh?...Married?...To whom? Where's your ring?"

"Please stop this Ben,'' I said as he was getting too close to me. I wondered why the elevator wasn't moving only for me to look and see that he had pressed the emergency stop button.

At this point, I was more than scared. I don't like being in this situation. I reached out to press a button but he pinned me to the side of the elevator and brought his face close to mine.

"Ben stop this. Don't do this" I begged, trying to free myself from him. Amidst all the struggling, I managed to press my floor button without him realizing.

In just a moment, the elevator stopped, making him pull away from me immediately after the doors opened. I dashed out of there to my office. My whole body was trembling and before I could stop myself, I started crying.

Why me? Why does this have to happen to me? I've done everything I could. I stopped wearing tight dresses, I covered my body so why does this have to happen to me again?

"What happened?" I heard his voice. What should I say? I didn't know if I should tell him. How would he feel if he found out another man touched his wife inappropriately?

"My love! What's wrong with you? Why are you crying?" I saw concern written on his face. I didn't want to lie to him but I didn't know how to tell him either. I never told him about what happened back at college and now I'm keeping this away from him. I felt terrible.

"It's nothing. I'm just overwhelmed with the amount of work" I said. He looked at me like he was trying to believe what I had said.

"Okay my love, you can go home," he said, trying to hug me but I stepped back unconsciously.

I didn't even bother arguing with him. I really wanted to be alone at that moment so I went home. I didn't dare take the elevator after what happened. I took the stairs even though it took me a while to finally reach the ground floor.