Chapter 20: Getting Rid of Her (I)

Abbi's POV

Tasha walked out of Eric's office clearly angry. She looked at me hatefully and hissed before departing my office. I wonder what he said to her to make her this angry.

"What did you say to her to make her that angry?" I asked, after going into his office expecting an answer from him but he only gestured for me to come beside him. When I reached him, he pulled me into his lap.

"What are you doing Eric? Someone might come in." I said trying to get up his lap.

"Relax my love. No one will come in." He said, placing a kiss on the back of my neck, sending shivers down my body.

I needed to distract myself and him, or else it'd turn into something else.

"You didn't answer my question," I said trying to distract myself from whatever it was I was feeling.

"You don't have to worry about that. What matters is she won't be coming back...so I hope." He said.

I really do hope she doesn't come back.

Even though I was cautious about my weight and the pain he might feel in his legs when I stood up, I stayed on his lap for some minutes before we both went back to work.

I've been very cautious about my weight since I was always called fat so I never dared sitting on some things or on people's laps. But with Eric, he never mentioned anything about me being heavy. I do think he does that because he doesn't want to hurt me but I still felt happy in that little moment.

Eric's POV

I really wish we could stay in that position for a little more time but we had to work.

Something bothered me in the information I got from Mark. The newspaper. How Tasha got to know my real identity. I've tried so hard to stay away from things like that and now it happened. Mark said it might have been on the day That bastard was arrested.

But who could have released my picture? Every employee was made aware that any image of me was not to be released on any social media platform.

That isn't my problem right now. I need to find a way to get rid of all the printed newspapers. But I don't think that will be of any help since some people have purchased it.

I was still thinking of what to do about this issue when Tessa sent me some videos. I wonder what it is.

I played the first video and the second but didn't watch it all. Now there's nothing I can do.

The videos are of me walking behind the police when Ben was arrested. I decided to let it be. Even if the videos were taken down, it has already been shared more than a thousand times and downloaded more than a hundred times.

I sighed and continued with the work I had to do.

Abbi's POV

It's been almost a week now and I haven't seen Tasha. I was so happy and relaxed that she was never going to be back.

Eric had gone to meet the president in his office for some discussion. He could have just asked him to come over but he was being respectful since he was dad's friend.

I was writing an email to the HR manager when someone barged into the office. Lo and behold, it was Tasha. I thought she was gone. Seeing her only made me angry.

"Mtchew", she hissed at me and started moving towards his office. I immediately stood up from my seat and blocked her way.

"What do you think you're doing?" She half yelled.

"Eric isn't in so I can't let you in," I said, rolling my eyes.

"How dare you stop me from going into my husband's office?" She yelled. This time, I was pissed. She kept calling my husband hers and I've had enough.

"Look here Tasha, I don't know what it is you want from Eric, but whatever it is, you want from him, you won't get it. He is my man, so Stay. Clear. Off. Him." I said in a low threatening voice I never knew I had in me.

"Look at this deluded fool," she mocked. "You really think Eric will stoop so low to have an affair with you. Not that he will. That guy is one of the most faithful guys I've ever met. There's no way he'll cheat on his wife, that too with a lowly-looking thing like you."

I would lie if I said I wasn't hurt by some of the words she said. That's why I didn't want our relationship public. But I won't let someone like her shut me up.

"Ohh...so you know he's married, yet you carry your pathetic-looking disgusting self and pretend to be his wife. Listen, in case you don't know, I have seen Eric's wife before, I know her more than you can imagine, and you... you look nothing like her." I spat

"The sooner you carry your whore self away from here the better for you." My eyes were on her, giving her the most intense glare. At first, she looked shocked that I spoke to her that way but it didn't last.

"How dare you..." She raised her hands to slap me but I was quick enough to catch her hand and give her a heavy slap.

"That was a return gift for the one you gave me when you first came here." I was going to say something else to her but Eric came in.

"Eric! She slapped me," Tasha Immediately ran to him fake crying when she saw him.

"What did you do to her that made her hit you?" he asked, putting a smile on my face.

"Are you really asking me that? Eric! You're supposed to love me." She clings to him. Before I could react, he pushed her off him making her stumble a little.

" Don't you get it yet? You're not welcome here." I stepped in front of Eric. "He's not yours and will never be." She was eagerly waiting for him to say something to shut me up but it never came.

"Still don't believe me? Then watch." I smirked at her then turned my back to her and kissed Eric on his lips.