Chapter 11: Confession

Abbi's POV

"Look I know you were not expecting to hear this but I felt I must tell you. That girl is nothing but nasty and manipulative, that's why you need to be careful. I'm not sure why she came back but I certainly hope it's not for my brother. So please Abbi! Don't let anything...especially that girl come between you both."

I was dumbfounded. I just stared into Laura's eyes and nodded my head cause I couldn't find any words to say. So... this is why what happened yesterday happened.

He probably thought I was his ex. I felt my heart breaking. Tears were welding up in my eyes and I didn't want Laura to see it so I quickly bid her farewell and was on my way out.

I refused to let myself cry. I tried comforting myself saying whatever it was I thought of was just my imagination.

Until Eric tells me himself that what happened between us was a mistake, I won't believe my thoughts. But the problem is that I knew I wouldn't give him the chance to tell me something like that.

I arrived at the office and checked Eric's schedule for the day then planned how to avoid him. The next day was pretty much the same as I avoided him throughout the day.

Eric's POV

"What have I done? Why did it turn out this way? I should have thought of what would happen before kissing her. I should have known things would turn out this way." I groaned, running my hands through my head.

When I wake up, she's gone to the office, and in the office, I barely see her even though she's my secretary. When I happen to see her and try to talk she gives some stupid excuse and runs off. I don't want this to go on. I miss her terribly. I know it's just been two days but I feel empty. I always love hearing her voice, seeing her smile, and cuddling her.

Today is Friday, and I'm going to set everything right. I'll apologize. I'll tell her it was a mistake; I'll do anything so that she stops avoiding me.

I couldn't sleep a wink last night. I just lay on the bed staring at sleeping Abbi and thinking about how to talk to her. At about 4 AM, she got out of bed and was going to the restroom when I stopped her. I tried talking to her but as usual, she was giving me a really dumb excuse.

"ABBI! LISTEN TO ME!" I yelled when she wouldn't stop talking.

" I KNOW I MADE A MISTAKE. I KNOW I SHOULDN'T HAVE KISSED YOU WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION. I ADMIT THAT IT WAS WRONG OF ME, BUT YOU CAN'T JUST IGNORE ME. YOU ARE HURTING ME! YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART ABBI. IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT I'M ATTRACTED TO YOU. IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT YOU KEEP APPEARING IN MY MIND; IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT I KEEP THINKING OF KISSING YOU AND MAKING LOVE TO YOU. IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT I LOVE YOU. IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU DAMMIT!"

I didn't even know what I was saying but when I saw the look on her face; I realized what I had said.

She didn't say anything. She just stood there with shock and confusion written all over her face.

Of course, why wouldn't she be shocked? She just found out that the one person she saw as a brother was in love with her. I made things worse. I ruined everything. She will never be comfortable around me anymore. I silently cursed myself as tears welled up in my eyes and left the room. I left the house and went far away.

ABBI'S POV

I Love You. I Love You Dammit. That was the only thing in my head right now. I know he said some other things that were a shock to me but right now, I don't remember any of it. All I remember is that he said he loved me. He loves me. Eric loves me, I said repeatedly in my head jumping in joy.

I was shocked and happy that he loved me but then I was confused. How is it that he loves me? He always treated me like his sister. I stood there with a confused face before I told myself to forget about it. It doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that he loves me...he's in love with me.

I covered my flushed smiling face with my hands then jumped up around the room. This no doubt was the happiest moment of my life.

I quickly rushed outside the room to look for Eric. I needed to tell him how I felt as well as explain to him why I avoided him. I searched the whole house but didn't find him. He must have gone to the office.

I went back to the room and prepared for work. Immediately I reached the office, I went into his office but didn't see him. I called out his name but heard no response, then I went to the restroom and no one was there.

At this moment, my heart was pounding. What happened to him? Did he think I would reject him because he treats me like his sister...or d-did he regret what he said?

I tried calling him but his phone was switched off. I called all his sisters but none of them knew where he might have gone. I didn't want to worry Mom and Dad so I didn't ask them.

It was past nine in the night and I haven't seen or heard anything from him. I was so worried. I was pacing up and down the sitting room waiting for him to come home. Goodness, I don't even know if he will come home.

After another twenty minutes of pacing, the door creaked open. I quickly ran to the door to see a gloomy Eric. My heart broke at this sight.

"Where have you been? I've been worried sick." He didn't respond and just started walking toward the elevator.

"Eric! Eric! Eric! We need to talk." I said but instead of stopping, he quickened his pace. I half ran to catch up with him.

"ERIC!" I half yelled.

"Abbi, you don't have to say anything. I know what you want to say, but please don't. You can just forget about what I said earlier. You don't have to reply to me. I'll continue treating you like the brother you want me to." He said as we got into the elevator.

What was he saying? So, all this while, he thought I wanted to be his sister? He was busy spouting nonsense that was making me frustrated especially when I tried to speak but he wouldn't let me and kept telling me to listen to him. If I don't do anything, he will continue saying rubbish.

I did the only thing I could think of. I've seen it in a couple of movies so I did it. I kissed him. He didn't respond. He just stood still and tensed. I broke the kiss while looking at his shocked face.

"I love you, Eric. I really do. I wanted to tell you this since morning but you disappeared. I've never wanted you to be my brother nor did I want to be your sister." I said, looking into his eyes to know I had his attention.

"I thought you always saw me like your sister so after we made out the other day, I thought you would tell me it was a mistake and I didn't want to hear that cause I knew I would be hurt. Then Lau told me about Tasha being back and then I thought you only kissed me because y-you mistook me for her for a while."

"I just didn't want you to..."
He pulled me in a kiss before I could finish my words. The kiss lasted until we were out of breath.