Chapter 29: Wedding

Abbi's POV

It's been almost two years since I got married to him and I'm pregnant. I couldn't believe it. I'm carrying a human being inside my belly. I robbed my belly smiling.

Just then, Eric came in with the things I asked him to buy. "Hey love, I'm back." He said dropping what he bought in my front. I eagerly picked it up and opened the bag only for my smile to drop.

"This isn't what I want." I cried.

"I wanted the strawberry flavor of the drink. You bought me cinnamon rolls but I wanted coconut bread. I also wanted the spicy chicken but you bought the mild one." I complained in tears.

"I'm sorry my love. I'm really sorry. Please don't cry, I don't like it when you cry. I'll go get you exactly what you want." He said, making me stop crying. I nodded my head in agreement.

Just give me a moment, I'll be back with another of those." He said before leaving.

Eric's POV

I let out a sigh as I went out of the house a second time. The way she changes her mind so quickly is amazing. I definitely bought all she wanted. I wrote it down and even recorded her saying it. I just didn't bother arguing with her. I learned to never argue with her or convince her of something she believes she never said.

"Sweetheart, I thought you didn't want those," I asked, seeing empty packs of every single thing I previously bought.

"You were taking too long and I was really hungry, so I ate them." She pouted.

Taking care of a pregnant woman is equivalent to taking care of a kid. There's no way I'll be angry with her.

I dropped what I bought in the kitchen. I know she'll still eat it when she's hungry, so I cleaned up the mess that was made.

***

There's so much work to do. I haven't had the chance to do much because I was taking care of Abbi. The trip I had returned from was postponed to a later date because he refused to have it without me. There's no way I'll leave my wife here for over a month.

I received a call from the public relations department asking me what to say to the media concerning the rumors that had been going on for a while now.

I wonder why people just like unnecessary things. I'm being branded as a cheat. They're trying to find out who my "mistress" is because based on what they see, Abbi is not the same person in the new I go on dates with.

I just didn't bother at this point. I couldn't ask Abbi to wear one of those dresses for everyone to see her in. Besides, she doesn't like being in public.

I told the lady to ignore anything about that for now but I knew it couldn't be ignored for long, or else the whole company would suffer loss.

Abbi should still be with Lau and Tessa for the preparations for Tessa's wedding. I can't believe Tessa will soon be married.

***

I watched as my sister walked down the aisle with Dad. She was looking pretty...not that I'll ever tell her that. It made me wonder how Abbi would look in a dress like that.

We never had a proper wedding. It was just a court wedding we probably unwillingly did. I brought my attention back to the wedding and watched as they said their vows.

All through the day, I would watch my wife and fall in love with her all over. I wanted to do something for her. I wanted to show her that I love her.

I got up from my bed and went to my office. I opened the drawer and brought out the ring that I put there. I was going to propose to her after the trip but things didn't go as planned. She's already five months gone and I don't want to wait anymore.

Abigail's POV

I woke up feeling really hungry. I looked everywhere for Eric but couldn't find him. There was no note as well and that's unlike him. I got up from bed and went to the kitchen, but still nothing. I decided to tend to my stomach first, maybe he went for a morning run.

It is already 1 pm and I haven't heard anything from him. I was worried. I picked up my phone and called Lau but she said she didn't know where he was. I could tell from her tone that she was lying.

I called Amelia and Mia and they also lied. I wonder what they're hiding from me. I was about to call Lisa when the doorbell rang. I quickly went to open it thinking it was Eric but it wasn't him. It was Lisa.

"I was just about to call you," I said.

"Well, I'm here now. Have you taken your bath?" She asked. And I nodded my head in response.

"Good. Go dress up. Wear something nice." She said She looked so happy about something but at the same time, I couldn't help but think she was hiding something from me. Everyone seems to be hiding something from me and it seems Eric is avoiding me.

"I'm not going anywhere," I said, making her smile drop.

"Come on Abbi. You have to come with me." She said, anxious.

"Okay, where are you taking me to?" I asked,

"I can't say." She replied.

"Then I'm not going anywhere. I still haven't seen or heard from Eric today and everyone seems to be hiding something from me because they all lied when I asked about him." I said as tears rolled down my face.

"Don't cry, Abbi. Eric is fine. I can take you to him if you dress up."

"Do you really know where he is?" I asked not believing her.

"Yes. I promise I'm not lying." She said.

"I quickly rushed into one of the rooms Eric set up for me down here So I don't always have to go up when I'm tired, and picked a dress and threw it on. I came out ready to leave.

"You can't wear that Abbi."