Chapter 10: The Kiss

Eric's POV

I was trying to get the pizza out of her hand but accidentally leaned on her causing her to lose her balance on the chair with me above her. My lips were on hers and it felt so good.

"Y-yo-your h-hands." I heard her say, bringing me out of my thoughts and realizing where my hands had been the whole time. I was so busy thinking about my lips on hers without realizing I had my hands on her breasts.

"O-oh...I-I'm sorry...I didn't mean to." I said and tried to stand up but I didn't know what came over me so I 'Accidentally' fell again before I fully stood up. My lips were on hers again and I couldn't help the way I was feeling.

When I saw that she didn't make any sort of movement, I began kissing her. I kissed her for a while trying to get an entrance into her mouth and when I was about to stop, she gave me the entrance I needed to her mouth. I didn't know what was happening to me; all I knew was that I wanted her.

My hands traveled slowly from her waist to her boobs. I squeezed one of them and got myself a sweet moan that made my member swell more than it was already. I wanted more and her shirt and bra were a hindrance to what I wanted, so I proceeded to unbutton her baggy shirt.

I was just at the third button when the doorbell suddenly rang making Abbi push me off her and run towards the elevator.

"Damm it!" I cursed under my breath. I hate the person who rang the bell. I calmed myself down and adjusted what needed to be adjusted before going to open the door. And there she was, Laura. I wonder what she's doing here by this time of the night.

"Hey Eric, I missed you." She said, wrapping her arms around me.

"As if." I scuffed back. "It's not even been two months since we saw each other," I said moving away from her embrace and closing the door.

"So what are you doing here at this time of the night? Aren't you supposed to be back from your trip next week?"

"Things were wrapped up quicker than I expected so I returned today. And since I love you so much, I decided to come here first." She said walking towards the kitchen.

"What is this slice of pizza doing on the floor? You know you shouldn't waste food right?"

"It fell off...you don't expect me to eat it off the floor shorty," I said, annoyed that she ruined my moment with Abbi.

"Uhu!" she gasped. How dare you call me short you ugly-looking thing," she countered, forming fury, and stomping off. I rolled my eyes at her, deciding not to engage in what would turn into a game of insults where she always wins (only because I let her).

"Where are you going?" I asked, looking at her suspiciously.

To meet my sister-in-law, Brother!"

"You can't it's midnight,"

"Try stopping me then," she said, making her way upstairs to look for Abbi.

Abbi's POV

As I entered the room, I went straight to the restroom. My heart was still palpitating from the previous episode. I still couldn't wrap my head around what happened.

"I-I kissed him! No...he kissed me," I was pacing back and forth in the restroom while thinking about what happened and how much I liked it before I showered.

My face was still flushed, thinking about the kiss after freshening up, when the door suddenly opened.

"Ahhhhhhh! I can't believe I get to meet you again like this. God! I can't even believe you're my sister-in-law," the lady who looked like my agemate said, screaming and jumping towards me before pulling me in a hug.

"Oh my goodness! Lau? Is this you?" I asked in surprise after seeing her face when she pulled away from me.

"Yes Hope, it's me in the flesh," she said smiling as we both hugged and jumped in circles.

"But wait," I stopped jumping with her and pulled away from the hug. "You just said I'm your sister inlaw... uhu!" I gasped, covering my mouth in shock.

"Er-Eric is...is your brother?"

"Yes!" She replied, smiles all over her face.

"Are you surprised?" she asked, grinning

"To my bones" I replied making her laugh.

Lau (Laura) is my friend. The only...rather my first friend ever and we met two years ago. I had just finished sketching a few designs and was about to leave the library when I bumped into her, scattering all my work on the floor.

She saw them and loved them and wanted me to design some dresses she would showcase in her fashion show in Paris. Of course, I thought she was a scammer but after much persistence from her, I gave in and made a few designs. I had nothing to lose either.

My job was to design and she would get her seamstress to sew it for her, but I was in charge of everything. She was a blessing to me.

We just clicked after our various conversations and became best friends. I can't believe she is Eric's sister.

We chatted more before we went to bed. I still couldn't believe that she was one of Eric's sisters.

While on the bed, I was wondering what Eric was still doing downstairs when the door suddenly opened. I knew it was Eric who came in but I pretended to be asleep.

"Abbi! Abbi! Are you asleep?" He asked in a soft voice.

I wanted to get up and tell him I wasn't asleep. I wanted to ask him about what happened earlier but I didn't do that. Perhaps I was scared he would end up telling me it was a mistake...I mean, after all, I'm like his 'little sister'. I was hoping that wasn't the case cause that would break me.

***

I woke up earlier than I normally did, and it's not like I even had a good sleep. I quickly took my bath, dressed for work, and went to the kitchen before Eric could wake up. I was trying to prepare breakfast when someone suddenly back-hugged me. I tensed up at first then relaxed when I realised who it was.

"Lau! I didn't know you woke up this early"

"What do you mean by that Hope? I'm an early riser." She said pouting.

"Why are you up so early? Don't work start at nine and this is just a few minutes past five" she asked, taking water from the fridge and making herself comfortable on one of the stools at the counter.

"Yeah work starts at nine but I have a lot of important work to do so I'm leaving early" I half lied to her.

The reason I was leaving this early was that I was trying to avoid Eric. We ate our breakfast while chatting about her experience in the fashion show she spent months preparing for.

I was ready to leave when she stopped me.

"Hope, you know I love you so much. Don't let any lady come between you and Eric. Okay?" She said, making me confused and scared as I didn't get what she was saying.

"What's wrong Lau? Why are you talking like this? Did anything happen?" I asked worried. She took a deep breath and let out a heavy sigh before she spoke.

"Well, first off, I don't want you getting worried about what I want to say. Just know that my brother loves you and won't do anything to hurt you intentionally".

"What is it, Lau? You're making me scared." I was anxious. I wanted to know why she was saying things like that.

"You see, the thing is...Tasha is back." She said, giving me a look that I couldn't quite get.

"Tasha... is Eric's ex-girlfriend." And that was all it took for my mind to run wild.