Chapter 21: Getting Rid of Her (II)

Eric's POV

I had finished speaking with Uncle Henry about the project in Dubai and went to my office. I was thinking of ways to flirt with my lovely wife when I see her only for me to see Tasha. I thought she was gone for good. Seems like I couldn't get rid of her.

"She slapped me," Tasha complained to me crying without tears. I was surprised to hear that, especially when Abbi didn't deny it. I then knew that she must have gotten on her nerves.

I was there watching both of them speak without really understanding what they were saying. I was just standing there looking at my wife with shock and admiration. I have never seen her speak like this before. I was happy to know this side of her.

I was still praising her In my mind when I felt a lips on mine. I looked at who it was and was shocked to see her. She has never initiated a kiss. I always thought she was the shy type. Clearly, I was mistaken. I gave in to the kiss and had forgotten that someone was actually there. I only realized that when she broke the kiss and turned her back to me.

"You believe me now?" She said, looking at Tasha who stood there, her jaw dropped in disbelief.

"Y-you've really changed Eric." she stuttered, shocked by what he saw, but it didn't last.

"Since you're having an affair with your lowlife secretary, you can as well do that with me." She spat shamelessly.

I looked at her, not even surprised at her statement. After all, she's a whore. I looked at Abbi and she looked like she was ready to pounce on her at any moment. I smirked... She's a jealous wild cat.

I took out my phone and opened the document Mark sent me before. I scrolled through to the picture he sent of her carrying a dead body. Since she was a sex worker, she would have met lots of different people. It seemed she accidentally killed one of her clients but decided to cover it up.

Though it was an accident, she tried to cover it up so she'll definitely be charged with murder with intent.

I showed her the picture.

"Ahhh!" she gasped, terrified that someone else knew of her act. "H-how di-did you get t-that?" she stuttered, her voice trembling with fear.

"How I got it isn't what matters. Look, I'm not interested in your life, but if I ever see you round here anymore or anywhere near my family, I won't hesitate to send this to the police." I said. She nodded her head and left immediately.

Abbi's POV

She is finally gone, and I hope it's for good this time. I was quite stunned to find out she committed murder so I decided to ask him about it.

"Why didn't you report her to the police"? I asked, curious.

"Like I said before my love, it had nothing to do with me. Plus the person in question actually deserved what happened to him if not worse. I know that doesn't change the fact that she committed a crime but I refuse to have anything to do with this case." He said, burying his face in my neck.

" Let's forget about that my love. How about we continue from where we left off?" He whispered, not really expecting an answer.

I furrowed my brows trying to understand what he meant when his lips grazed my neck, sending shivers down my spine. I then caught on to what he meant. I was getting hot out of embarrassment just remembering the kiss I initiated.

Before I could say anything, he slammed his lips on mine and tried to gain entrance into my mouth before I let him. Things were escalating too fast but as much as I wanted him, I didn't want our first time to be here.

Before I could pull away from him, he did. " My Love, let's go on a date tonight." He said.

"Huh?"

"I said let's go on a..."

"I heard you the first time. I mean why now?" I asked and saw the change of expression on his face.

"It's fine if you don't want to go out." He said, clearly disappointed.

"I do want to go on a date with you," I said, my voice just a little above a whisper, blushing.

"Alright then. Tonight, 8 pm." He said smiling and placed a kiss on my forehead.

The day pretty much went on with me feeling nervous, anxious, and excited. I have never been on a date before so I was looking forward to this.

***

"I should have told him to postpone it. I don't even know what to wear." I whined to myself. I don't even have an appropriate dress for the date. What am I going to do?

I was going through my closet when I came across the shopping bags I got when I went shopping with Lau sometime back.

I forgot these existed. I brought out the bags and poured out everything in it on the bed. I had never wanted to buy these. Lau made me try them on and bought them because I supposedly looked sexy In them.

I let out a heavy sigh and began trying out the dresses. After forever, I settled for a fitted, flared, off-shoulder, black dress with ankle strap heels.

After dressing up, and looking in the mirror satisfied with my look, I took a few steps to the door when I suddenly halted.

"No! Nonononononono!" This can't be happening, it can't.