Chapter 24: Caught

Abbi's POV

"How could you Eric Jones?" an angry voice resounded in the office.

"So it's true. How could you do this Eric? This isn't how I raised you. How could you do something so despicable?" Pain and disappointment filled the voice I recognized to be Mom.

I couldn't understand what she was talking about. I quickly tucked my face in the corner of the couch when I heard the door slammed open. So I didn't know who came in till I heard her speak.

"What are you talking about Mom? I don't understand what you're saying." Eric asked rather confused.

"Oh, common son. You don't understand? For Christ's sake Eric, you're a married man. What are you doing with your secretary? And you young lady, how could you just decide to destroy someone's home? You don't even have the courage to look me in the eyes." She said.

I finally understood what she was talking about. She probably heard the rumors. I was going to explain things to her but Eric stopped me from showing my face. I knew he was up to something.

"Mom, so what if I have something to do with my secretary? I love her and there's nothing anyone can do about it." He said. Though I loved what he said, I knew he was just saying it that way to tease Mom. But I couldn't let that happen anymore cause she sounded hurt.

If I let him continue, he'll probably end up giving her a heart attack.

"Mom! Don't mind him. It's me. Abbi." I said struggling to remove my face from where I tucked it In.

I finally did that and saw a mix of shock and embarrassment on her face.

"But what... how...I mean why are you here? Where is the secretary?" Mom asked.

"Have you forgotten Mom, I'm Eric's secretary?" I asked.

"Yes...but aren't you supposed to be in the fashion department? Or didn't you like the position Eric offered you?" She asked waiting for my response

"What are you talking about Mom? What position?" I asked. Her gaze traveled from me to Eric and then back to me.

" So Eric didn't tell you anything about it? She questioned, surprised. I nodded my head and she glared at Eric. I also looked over to Eric and he was avoiding our gaze.

Eric, what's going on? Why didn't you tell her about it?" her voice was stern.

"Mom i...Well...it's complicated," he sighed

"Don't you dare swim your way out of this," she shot him a glare

"You owe Abbi an explanation, you owe me an explanation as to why she hasn't been appointed as the head designer of the fashion dept when I told you to do that months ago,"

I sat there confused at one point then sad at another. Maybe he thinks i don't have the skills, after all, I'm just new in the business world. Joining the Fashion department has always been my dream.

"Mom!" he called anxious. At least he knows he was wrong.

"I'll give an explanation to Abbi, I promise. Can you please leave us?" he pleaded.

"You had better," she glared at him and gave me a hug before leaving.

"I'm sorry my love. Please let me explain," he held my hand, stopping me from leaving

"You don't owe me any explanation, Eric,"

"But I do my love," he said, sincerity in his voice.

"Fine, explain," I said, my voice just a whisper.

"My love...I didn't tell you about the promotion because I wanted you here, by my side. I know it's selfish but, I just want you to be close to me at all times," he confessed.

I felt my heart skip a beat at his words. I shouldn't have had those thoughts earlier.

"I thought it's because you think I'm not good enough," I said, my voice barely audible.

"Of course not my love. You have the best designs I have ever seen. I just didn't want you to leave my side,"

"Hmmm. But we are together always. We live together and sleep together. I'll just be away from you during my working hours," I reasoned with him.

After a week, I was moved to the fashion department as the head designer. I knew the position was too high for me to obtain as it hasn't been a year since I've been working. But I knew I had what it takes to carry my duties so I didn't reject it.

I came out of the restroom only to see Eric seated in my chair.

"What are you doing here? How do you even get in here without using the door?" I asked a little surprised to see him. He has been magically appearing in my office since I got here and it baffled me at times.

"All that doesn't matter sweetheart. What matters is what you can do for me and what I can give you." He said, smirking.

" And what is it you can give me?" I asked with a brow raised. He stood from the chair and brought our lips together in a kiss.

" Eric no," I said after breaking the kiss.

"No what? I know you want me." He said and went back to kissing me.

His hands begin to massage my boobs as moans escaped my mouth. After minutes of kissing, I was now sitting at the edge of the desk and Eric on the chair.

"We can't do this now Eric," I said as he removed my undies.

"And why can't we?" He asked.

I was about to answer when I felt his rough tongue on my clit making me moan.

"Ahhh... yes...ahh...it feels so good... Eric!..."

I continued moaning due to the pleasure I was getting and tilted my head to the left.

" Oh shit"

"Eric! Eric! Stop it," I whispered, pushing his head away from me, my heart racing.

"L-Liz!" I called nervously as I saw her standing at the door, disbelief and disappointment written on her face.