Chapter 14: The Arrest

Eric's POV

"Yes Sir. Absolutely. I will send you the designs we have and the floor plan for them. You can choose which one you would like... Definitely. Have a lovely day." I cut the call with Mr. Henry.

I was able to get him to increase his budget for the mall he wanted. Since this was done, I decided to go have lunch. I came out of my office only to see my wife crying.

I don't like it when she cries, I don't like seeing it. The only time I saw her cry was when I told her about her parents and since then I swore never to make her cry.

I sure wasn't expecting her to tell me the problem on my first try but I absolutely didn't expect her to lie to me giving that lame excuse. I then understood that whatever happened, she didn't want to talk about it but I was going to find out myself.

I wanted to hug her but she stepped away from me, hurting me a little. I had told her to go home for the day, and unlike other days where she would persist on staying till work hours were done, she simply nodded her head and packed her bags. I will so deal with whoever made my wife like this.

After I watched her leave the office, I went back to mine completely forgetting about lunch.

I brought up the footage of all the cameras that were planted around the office. Since there were so many of them, it took me a while to find the ones I was looking for.

Starting from when she left the office for lunch, I watched her entire movement up until when she had lunch with that bastard. I never liked Ben but the way I saw him look at Abbi, my wife one afternoon made me hate him. I forwarded the clip up until I saw him put his dirty hand on my wife.

I watched every bit of it not failing to notice how uncomfortable she felt. She finally left the canteen and I had to look for the other footage. I watched the footage several times but didn't see anything. I only saw where she entered the elevator and he entered next, I watched other footage from each floor but noticed the elevator didn't stop until the last floor when she ran out.

To say I was angry was an understatement. My blood was boiling. I felt like strangling that idiot. I still didn't know what he said to her that made her cry.

For some reason, the CCTV in the elevator wasn't working. It's good that I had an extra spy camera planted everywhere in the building that only I know of.

I quickly logged into the system and looked for the footage.

"That bastard! How dare he!" I shouted throwing stuff on my table everywhere.

I'll make him pay dearly. I was so furious. He will definitely pay for what he did.

I picked up my phone and dialed Mark's number. He's the only one that can help me now.

*Phone conversation*

Mark: Hey Bro, what's up?

Eric: Mark, I need an urgent favor from you. I need information about a person. His name is Ben Marcus. I need his information in three hours.

Mark: Sure thing. I'll get back to you soon.

*End of phone call*

Mark owns a bodyguard agency and has insane technologies used to get information about people. He's also a private investigator and the best I know.

About two hours after the call with Mark, he called to tell me he had sent what he got to my email. He also said he might have to get his brother involved.

After hearing this, I became more eager to find out what he had sent. I quickly opened it to see what was in there.

"That bastard!" I mumbled. He needs to be seriously dealt with. He's a rapist and an embezzler. He is also involved in industrial espionage as well as human trafficking.

I dialed Aunt Naomi's number and asked her to type up his termination letter immediately. I also gave instructions that he should be out of the building in an hour. After that, I called and asked Mark where his brother was and he said he should be on his way.

Mark's brother is a police sergeant. I know he mentioned in our last meeting that he was working on a case of human trafficking. Ben will definitely be of great help to him.

Although Ben was getting arrested, it was only based on the evidence of human trafficking so I had to file a case against him for embezzling the company's funds as well as industrial espionage. He was the one who leaked our database and put the blame on a small employee.

As I was about to leave the lobby of the office, I received a blow on my right cheek. I was confused at first only to look up and see Ben's furious face.

"Why did you fire me? Why the hell did you fire me?" he questioned furiously grabbing my collar.

The amount of rage I had within me was unexplainable. If not for the fact that I was the CEO and a lot of employees were watching us right now, I would have given him the beating of his life.

I grabbed his hands that were on my collar and yanked them off me. He was about to make a move when a troop of police entered and formed a circle around us. James (Mark's brother) walked up to us with two other officers.

"Mr. Ben, you are under arrest for the charges of human trafficking."

One of the officers beside him took out a cuff and cuffed him. The whole time, he looked confused for a while before he finally registered what was happening.

"You're making a mistake. You've got the wrong person. Please listen to me, I don't know what you're talking about." He said trying to vindicate himself but he was just dragged out when he refused to move.

He'll never be able to get out of this because the evidence is too much. And I'll be making his stay in jail a misery.

I got back home after filing an FIR against him. I wonder how she's feeling now.

"It just almost happened," I heard her say making me halt.