Bonus Chapter 2

Eric's POV

It's been one week since Abbi gave birth. One week since our daughter was kidnapped and one week since we found out that Andras, her long-forgotten dad, was behind the kidnapping.

Abbi has barely eaten and barely spoken to anyone. She just sleeps, wakes, and cries.

I'm glad that she still speaks sometimes and she did not run insane. Everyone took turns visiting and trying to encourage her.

Lau canceled her show, Tessa flew back from Texas with her husband, and Lisa always came to her every day.

With Mark and James' help, we were able to find out that Andras was in a huge debt and he probably found out Abbi is living well through our wedding pictures that circulated on the internet two months ago. He has been following her up until the hospital.

He had gambled away all the money he got from giving Abbi away. This surprised me because it's been just two years, not even that yet and he was given two hundred million dollars.

They have been trying to track him down for the past week, all to no avail.

He requested a ransom for us to get back Claribel, but when we brought the ransom to said address, no one was found and the amount was doubled.

This is the second time we will be giving him a ransom of over five hundred million dollars and i know we have to find him fast because I know he doesn't plan on releasing my daughter.

"Eric, we found something," Mark said, running to me.

"This is the casino Andras lost his money to," he showed me a picture of the said place.

"Royal Paradise is the biggest casino in the whole continent. We found out that the person to whom Andras lost his money is the owner of the place. I think he might be able to help us get Andras."

I was trying to remember how I knew of this casino when Lisa spoke.

"Damien, I want you to come to Eric's house now. It's urgent. If I don't see you here in the next thirty minutes, I'm calling off the engagement," she threatened and cut the call.

That's how I know of the casino. Damien had come to my office one night not looking good. Apparently, he had a fight with Lisa and decided to gamble. Something he vowed not to do again.

Unfortunately, the person he played with lost all his money and even bet more than he had. That person is supposedly owing Damien six hundred million dollars.

Who in their right mind gambles with that sum of money?

In less than thirty minutes, Damien walked in briskly like his whole life was about to fall apart.

"What's wrong Muffin?" He questioned holding his fiancé's hand.

"Tell him what you found. He's the owner of that casino," she gestured to Ben, glaring at Damien. I'm sure after all this is over, she'll deal with him for going against his word.

"What's going on?" Damien looked at us confused.

"We need your help in getting back my daughter,"

He furrowed his eyes. "How do I help?"

"The person who kidnapped Claribel owes you money. We want you to set up a meeting with him. We don't care what you say to him. We just need to follow him to his hideout," Mark explained.

"A lot of people owe me money Mark, a name and image would help,"

Mark immediately brought up an image of Andras. "This man? This is the man that has your baby?" He questioned, surprised.

"This man doesn't just owe me money, he owes me a life. The funking bastard tried to kill one of my men and steal from him," fear engulfed my heart when he said that. I hope he didn't harm my child.

"His deadline for payment was last week and he's been given excuses. He said he would pay part of the money today," he finished.

Mark moved his gaze from Damien to me and then back to Damien. "Where are you meeting?" He asked.

"Down at the casino." He replied.

"I'll position two of my guys outside there so they can trail him immediately when he leaves," Mark said

We made other arrangements while Damien got ready to see Andras. Just as we thought, it was the same bag of money we gave him he brought to Damien, only that the bag looked less. He must have removed some money.

Immediately he left, the two men began trailing him.

"Calm down Abbi, they'll find out where he's hiding and bring back Claribel," Lisa said to Abbi who was fidgeting in her seat.

Damien came into the room where we had been the whole time they spoke. "I also sent two of my people to trail him as well."

I just nodded my head in response and waited for the news.

Who would have thought that Andras would branch to a local bar and gamble again? We were growing impatient as time went on. Thankfully he didn't spend so much time there and left after one round.

"My boys followed him up to a park, where they lost track. But certainly, he is within that area." Eric said, after cutting his call.

"Where exactly is this park you're talking about? Abbi asks, her voice filled with hope. It is the first time I heard a talk coherently in the past week.

"It's..." Damian's phone rang before Mark finished.

"He's in that park. My boys said he went underground after reaching a tree. Seems there's a basement there," Damien spoke.

"No...not there. He couldn't have put my baby in there," Abbi said, fear evident in her voice.