Chapter 30: Proposal

Abbi's POV

"And why not? It's not like we're going to a party." I was annoyed at what was happening.

"You just can't wear that. If you want to see Eric, you won't wear that. Go change" she insisted.

I can't understand why she's doing this, why everyone is hiding something from me. I reluctantly went to change my dress.

"Just pick something for me to wear. I'm tired of changing. I just want to see Eric now," I complained after trying on more than three outfits already.

After dressing up in the outfit she picked, she ushered me out of the house into her car, driving me to my husband, I just hoped he was alright.

We arrived at our supposed destination. I was already getting angry with her. Why are we here? This place was so dark and silent. There's no one here. I was also restless. I haven't seen or heard anything from him. She said she was going to take me to him but now we are here and I don't see him. I hope nothing bad has happened to him.

"Let's go further," she said. I stopped right where I was and told her I wasn't moving.

"You said you would take me to Eric but there's no one here. Where really are you taking me to? Don't tell me something bad has happened to him." I said, breaking into tears.

"Calm down Abbi. I promise you we're almost there. I'm not lying to you" I heard her say. At this time, I was already on the floor crying. I knew I looked like a little kid throwing a tantrum but at this point, I didn't care.

I kept on crying until I felt someone pull me to their shoulder. I took in a deep breath and was hot with the scent of Eric. I pulled away from the person, opened my eyes, and saw him right at my front on his knees so he could be on the same level with me. When I saw him, I cried out more.

"Where have you been... I've been looking all over for you...I was worried...I thought you left me..." I said in sobs.

"I'm sorry my love. I didn't mean to get you so worried" he said looking really sorry.

I calmed down a little and asked him what he had been up to but he ignored my question trying to get me up from the floor. I realized he was hiding something from me by the way he acted.

"What's everyone hiding from me?" I asked before we took any more steps.

I'll tell you what it is only if you come with me." He said

I looked at him unsure and then at Lisa. She was also trying to get me past that door before I stopped.

Could it be that they planned a surprise for me? That should be the case else what would they be hiding? I decided to go with him. I wanted to know what it was they prepared for me.

When we were almost at the door, he told me to wait for a moment after he goes in before coming in. I was so eager to find out what it was and nodded.

After five seconds of him going in, I followed Sooth. I knew I should've waited longer but I didn't. Lisa wasn't there as well so why should I wait?

When I got in, everything was pitch black. It isn't even night yet and this place is so dark. I was about to call out to Eric when everything lit up.

I looked around my surroundings and saw everywhere decorated. My eyes caught a particular part of the room and my eyes became teary as I realized what was happening.

On the side of the room are balloons spelled out will you marry me?

I was getting a proposal. I've never thought about this since the day I stepped into our house.

I faced my back as I heard his voice.

"Will you marry me, Abigail Smith-Jackson?" He said with a knee on the ground.

The tears that were in my eyes rolled down my cheeks as I nodded and accepted his proposal. He slipped the ring on my finger and gave me a kiss. Immediately his lips were on mine, I heard loud cheers making me jump in shock.

Everyone was here. That's why they sounded so strange on the phone. I burst into tears of joy seeing everyone.

I would have never imagined that my life would be this happy and complete.

We had dinner together and went home. The newlyweds also left for their honeymoon.

Eric's POV

I was so happy today. Though my plans were almost ruined, it still worked out.

As soon as we got into the room, I received a kick on my right leg, followed by a slap on my shoulder and it hurt. I looked at my wife in shock.

"That's for leaving the house without telling me." She said sticking her tongue out.

"I thought you forgave me," I said in a whine.

"I never said that. It was bold of you to assume that though." She said.

At that point, I knew I was in trouble. She's definitely going to do a lot more than kick me for the rest of the week.

I took in a deep breath and started saying and doing things to please her. Hopefully, she will forgive me in one week.