Chapter 25: Coming Clean

Abbi's POVEric looked up and saw what I was seeing. But she left shutting the door behind her before I could say anything."Oh no... what do I do?" I asked no one in particular. I was going to tell him she was coming here for lunch but it flew out of my mind the moment I felt his tongue on my clits."If you want, I'll talk to her so she doesn't say anything to anyone."" Don't do that. I'll handle it myself." I said standing up from the desk and dressing myself."Please leave Eric. We'll talk when we're at home." I said leaving to go look for Lisa. I should have told her long ago that Eric is my husband, but anytime I wanted to, we get so busy and it skips my mind.I found Lisa and we're now in the restaurant beside the office. She refused to speak with me in my office hence we're here."Liz, it really isn't what you think...I"Oh please, Abbi! It isn't what I think. The rumors are true. You're having an affair with the boss. I saw him eating you out and you were obviously enjoying it, and you sit here telling me it's not what I think." She whisper-yelled."For goodness sake Abbi! I asked you several times and you told me to my face that you weren't having an affair with him. I thought we were friends, but I was wrong. Yo..."" Let me expl...""I really didn't think you were like this. For Christ's sake, he is a married man. And from what I've seen and how he usually talks about his wife, he loves her. So why would you involve yourself with him? You're just inviting trouble to your life. What if...""Goodness Liz shut it. You haven't even allowed me to say anything." I cut her off before she said more."I know you're mad at me for not telling you especially since you trusted me. But that's why I'm here, to explain things."She nodded her head telling me to go ahead." I know this might come as a shock to you but I have to tell you since it's gotten to this. I swear I was going to tell you earlier but it always skipped my mind,"She gave me a questioning look."Eric is my husband." I took in a deep breath, I told her the truth.She gave me a 'Are you crazy' look." Stop being delusional Abbi. He is married and I'm sure he doesn't plan on taking a second wife. Moreover, I'm sure if his wife comes to know about whatever is going on between you and her husband, hell will break loose." She said not even considering that what I said was true."Liz, listen to me carefully. Everything I'm about to say is the absolute truth. Eric's wife is very much aware of what is going on between us and she has no problem with it because... I'm Eric's wife and Eric is my husband." I explained slowly.She looked at me for a while to see if I was joking or delusional but she couldn't see anything but seriousness." Wait...so, you're saying...th-the wife that the boss keeps on talking about every time someone tries to m-make a move on him...I-is you?" She asked bewildered.I nodded my head in response."Jesus Christ, you're the CEO's wife!""Shhhhh! keep it down. People are here." I said as she shouted her last words drawing attention to us."Sorry. You're really his wife? Really and truly?" She whispered with eyes wide open.I nodded my head in affirmation."Get up, I don't believe you," she said.Reluctantly I did, and she came to me and gathered one part of my clothes, making it hug my body."Ahh!" she gasped, covering her mouth. "You have the hot, killer body of the boss's anonymous wife in the gossip blogs. "So why didn't you say anything all this while? You allow those good-for-nothing, arrogant people to treat you badly and insult you. Just wait until they find out who the real boss is." She said changing expressions at each word."But I don't want them to know now," I said"Why?" She asked in disbelief."Girl, you know how most people look at me and treat me. Hearing that Eric has a wife only kept some of them away from him. If they know I'm his wife, that little respect they have for his said wife will be completely gone. After all, no one thinks I'm suitable for him." I explained."Are you stupid or something? You should show them who has the power if that's the case. Show them that you have what they can never get.""You own the man of their dreams. You shouldn't be afraid to show him. Geez you even have the perfect body and you're hiding it? I can't believe you.""It's not like I don't want to throw it in those girls' faces that I'm his wife. It's just that it's not that easy" I said.I really did want to listen to her and stand up for myself, declaring my title as Eric's wife but I was scared of what would happen, the amount of scrutiny I would face, and the number of girls who would come flooding him cause I'm not deemed suitable for him.She scoffed, shaking her head in disbelief. "Girl, you're letting those people walk over you just because you're scared of what they might say? Be for real Abbi! No one cares, I'm definitely sure your husband won't care what people say. Besides, you have the power to show people that you shouldn't be messed with," "You're right Liz, I shouldn't let people step on me, but still, I'm not ready to reveal it now,""Alright. As you wish. When you're ready, let me know. I can help." She said grinning.We went back to the office but instead of going to mine, I decided to go to Eric's. I reminded myself that this was no longer my office so I knocked and waited for a response before coming in."Good da..." my words trailed off as I saw who was sitting at my former desk. What the hell is she doing here? My heart pounded furiously with a mix of confusion and...fear.She was here. She is here, right before my eyes, giving me that look I know and detest all too well."We finally meet...Shadow,"