Bonus Chapter 1

Abbi's POV

I'm gonna kill you today Eric!" I said, limping gracefully and carefully around the house, with my baby bump chasing Eric who turned my face into an artwork of a three-year-old.

"I'm sorry my love," he laughed.

"No, you're not. I'm going to deal with you once I get my hands on you," I said, still trying to catch him.

After a good while of running after him, I sat down and began to cry.

"You know I'm going out to dinner soon with Lau and Tess, and you turned my face into an art museum," she sobbed.

"I'm sorry my love," He said, coming close to her. "I didn't mean to hurt you. Please don't cry," he said, trying to coo me. I know just how to get him.

Before he knew what was happening, I held him tight and poured the cup of cold water beside me on him.

"Gotcha!" I laughed victoriously. Eric just stood there looking at me amusingly.

"Now I have to clean this off my face before time catches up with me" I smiled standing up.

"Be careful love, you don't want to slip" he said, holding on to my hand.

"I'm not a kid. I swear, if you're trying to pull a fast one on me, the consequences will be too bad for you." I warned him.

"I won't, I promise," he said, helping me away from the spilled water.

Two steps away from the elevator, I paused, squeezing Eric's hand.

"What's wrong love?" Eric asked concerned.

"It's nothing, just a contraction, " I took a deep breath and tried taking a step again.

"Oh God! Goodness Gracious!" I yelled, as my water broke. Breathing in and out and grimacing, I tried to hold in the pain but failed.

"Eric! Hospital." I slapped his hand, realizing that my husband had just been standing there looking shocked, confused, and clueless.

"Yeah...yeah," he said, scurrying off to God knows where.

"Get back here!" I yelled through gritted teeth.

"Hospital...keys...you need to get to the hospital, " he said anxiously pacing around the area.

"Just call Daniel, fool" I yelled, frustrated by the pain of the contractions and his behavior.

"Yes... Daniel!" fumbling for his phone, he dialed Daniel's number and told him of the situation.

Seconds later, Danie pulled up with a car. I clutched Eric's hand, breathing through the contractions. They both helped me into the car with Eric assuring me that we would soon arrive at the hospital while nervously glancing at Daniel who had an amused grin on his face.

The ride held a mix of tension and anticipation. I winced at every contraction and Eric nervously tried to say calming words to me which weren't really helping.

"Take a deep breath, my love, we'll soon be there,"

"Shut up Eric! What have I been doing then?" I said through gritted teeth.

As we got to the hospital, a nurse took over wheeling me into the delivery unit. Just then, Eric's phone rang and the caller turned out to be Lau. He told her about me being in labor and in about an hour, the whole family was in the hospital.

"You can do this, my dear," mum said. "We'll be waiting for you and your baby here," I nodded and was wheeled into the delivery room. I pushed through each contraction, with Eric by my side offering words of encouragement. I knew this was going to hurt but I never thought it would be to this magnitude.

After what felt like an eternity, my bAbbi's cry filled the room, transforming my exhaustion into Joy. Eric, overwhelmed with the sight of our child, couldn't hold back his tears.

The nurse handed my baby to me. "My little Claribel," I called, holding my baby carefully, happiness washing through me.

I was exhausted and fell asleep after making sure Claribel was also asleep in her cradle after everyone left.

Eric's POV

Seeing Abii and our child sleep peacefully, I decided to go home and bring the hospital bag that was prepared for her since I forgot that while coming here.

Arriving at the wardroom with the hospital bag I realize Claribel isn't in her cradle. Panicked, I called for the nurse. "Where is my child? Huh? Where is my child?" Eric questioned, his heart racing.

"Calm down sir. Your child should be here. No one has been in since you left." the nurse said, checking around the room.

She panics when she realizes my baby isn't in the room. I'll call the security. We'll find her sir." She said running off.

Abbi stirs, awakened by the noise. "What's going on Eric?" She looked around worried.

I didn't know what to say to her, I just walked over to her and brought her head to his chest.

"Everything will be alright my love," I said, trying to sound alright and convincing, but my voice betrayed me.

"Where is Claribel?" She asked as she saw the empty cradle.

"The nurse has gone to get her," I said with a heavy sigh.

"Get her? Where did they take her to?" she asked, confused as the doctor hadn't mentioned anything about taking her away earlier.

Just then, the nurse entered looking worried. "We couldn't find her sir. The security is checking the surveillance footage now," the nurse said, her voice trembling.

"What the hell is going on here? What do you mean you can't find my baby?" Abbi asks, gripping the sheets tightly in panic. "I want my baby. I want her now. I want to see her now!" She yelled.

"Eric, tell her to bring our baby. Tell her to return our Claribel to us." She begged me. I hate seeing her like this.

"The security said they found something in the footage, you can come with me to look at it.

Going with the nurse, we both got to see the face of the person who kidnapped our child.

"No. No!...this can't be. He can't have her." Abbi says terrified before passing out.