twenty

ARIANA'S POV

Izaak came in from the door, leaving it open as he simply walked past the four of us, with a smirk across his face, "You might wanna get out of the way," He whispered to us, before sliding in to stand next to Jordan as our eyes all darted to the door.

I turned at Jordan weirdly, searching for answers while Zeke and Safiya only laughed and folded their arms, letting me know they knew what was going on. I hadn't spoken to Greyson since yesterday, after our phone call, Everett told me she pushed her flight back a day for something business-related, and Izaak had just come from the airport to get her.

"Oh shit," Jordan realized, almost there in shock as he shook his head. "This is about Everett isn't it?"

"I think so," Izaak answered, with a shrug. "She didn't say anything in the car but Jack gave me the look and I know Greyson's pissed." The Romanian glanced at me, "Wait, I'm sure she told you something. What's going on?"

"No idea, she didn't mention anything actually," I said, confusion still written across all of our faces.

No one had a chance to add anything though, as our boss came through the door, dropping her suitcase and duffel bag down by the door as Zeke and Safiya rushed to get them. But I figured it was because they wanted no part in what was about to happen.

Greyson didn't even stop to look at me as she focused her attention on Izaak. "I need Everett here immediately,"

He gave her a half-smile, pulling out his phone. "Sure thing," I noticed she had already started to walk off before Izaak even responded, not bothering to wait. There was something evidently off about her and I'm sure everyone could tell. I decided to go chase after her, to which Izaak grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Easy," Izaak told me, focusing on my eyes. "You should give her space, Greyson isn't Greyson when she's angry so it's best to steer clear."

"So we just wait?"

"Precisely," Safiya called, now down the hall and on her way to the kitchen. "Ari, come here for a bit,"

Izaak gave me a small smile before disappearing off with the other two boys to head downstairs. Jordan was on laundry duty for the first time, so Zeke and Izaak were there to help. I followed behind Safiya, taking a seat on the island as she searched the cabinets, before turning to the refrigerator instead and pulling out two beers.

She slid one my way, before cracking open one for herself and taking a sip. The two of us weren't as close as everyone else, considering her and Zeke weren't with Greyson and I as much as Izaak and Jordan were, and instead stayed in LA a lot. If I was being honest, I always suspected something was going on between her and Zeke, and Greyson confirmed that during Cabo when she told me they were "exes".

"You know, when you first came, I knew something was weird about you. The boys thought I was crazy," Saf said, deciding to sit on the countertop instead. "Is it true?"

"Is what true?" I asked, confused by the woman's words as her smile only grew bigger.

"That you're like... dating Nolan."

"It was just one date."

"So you're saying your single?"

"I am."

"Good, because," She started to say, slipping off the counter. My eyes followed her as Safiya made her way over to me, planting her fingers under my chin as she tilted it up and I was frozen. "I would love to take you on a date,"

"Sa—Safiya," I managed to let out, as she crouched down closer to my face.

"Ariana, I've had a crush on you for so long. I know you're curious to see what I taste like," Safiya replied, her eyes only darkening. "Say the word and it's yours... the boys are busy in the basement, Greyson's in her room, and we're alone,"