thirty six

ARIANA'S POV

After about a week or so of Greyson being gone and Ben getting settled in, the house had been pretty loud. There wasn't much for any of us to do with her gone, so Izaak spent his time with Yara here, Zeke and Safiya were usually watching a movie or something, and Ben stayed in his room a lot, considering he had business calls to attend to.

Today was a little different though, I was having dinner with my friends. They were gonna be there any minute so I spent my time getting ready with Greyson on the phone. They weren't supposed to finish filming until early tomorrow morning, so we had both been up for hours to talk.

"...and Mike's bringing Greta, so everyone's pretty excited to meet her,"

"That must be nice though, right? For Greta to be there and see Mike in action."

"Yeah, that's what I told him but he's super focused on playing Flash and he doesn't want to ignore her while she's here but he also doesn't want to be distracted."

"What if he just gives her tour during his lunch?"

"Baby, we don't have lunch anymore,"

"What?" I blurted, just as I was finishing straightening the last couple strands of my hair, "You don't eat at work?"

"To eat I have to take off the suit and it's kinda hard and uncomfortable to be in while it's so cold here, so I usually try to hurry up and film all my scenes and then eat."

"And Sam just allows this?"

"Yeah, but no one on set really eats throughout the day. We've started meeting up at restaurants once the day ends,"

"Maybe you should at least have a snack, babe," I told her, "It's not good for your body to eat so little, I need you to make it to our wedding at least," I teased, hearing her laugh.

"I know, but I'm okay, Ari, I promise."

"Call me if anything, okay? I have to go now or I'll be late, so I'm about to leave. But I love you and I miss you so much, bye baby,"

"Have so much fun, babe, I love you more and I'll see you as soon as I can. My phone's on vibrate in case you need anything, I'm here and just a flight away, okay?"

I smiled, holding the phone up to my ear as she spoke, "Okay,"

***

As soon as I walked in, the host spotted me, ushering over to where they were. Without saying another word, she grabbed a menu and gave me a small smile, "Hi, you're here under the Chipolone party right?" She asked, which I nodded since Courtney had made the reservations.

"Thank you for the menu, but I know where the table is though, my friend texted me saying they're right in the back, so I can just follow those tables over there to them."

"Oh, your table got moved."

"What?" I frowned, "Do you know why?"

"Not sure honestly, but my boss said you're with some celebrity so we couldn't have you sitting in an average spot, your friends are by the windows,"

"Oh, thank you, but seriously that wasn't necessary,"

"No worries, enjoy your meal," She smiled, as I noticed Victoria had spotted me and waved me over to where they were.