forty five

GREYSON'S POV

I was back in New York alone since Ariana decided to stay back for a few days with Joan and Nonna. It was another late day of filming, only I was lucky to be heading to my hotel at 2am, while others like Mike were stuck with Sam. I loved the city at night though, I understood why it was one of Ari's favorites.

When my driver pulled by the front doors, I slipped out of the car, and headed to the front desk.

"Hi, what can I do for you?" the guy asked, setting aside his phone while he looked over at me.

"Hi, I was wondering if you had any guests under Sam Levinson. I believed he booked a few rooms and I wasn't sure the name he left them under."

"I'm sorry but I can't give out any information on any of our guests, is it possible to call him?"

"Damn, he's actually stuck on set, could I show you ID or something—" I started to explain, digging through my pockets, before someone came up from behind me.

"Hi, we're under the same party for Vera Noriega," Madelaine said, pulling out her ID, "I think Vera called beforehand,"

The guy winked at her knowing about the alias, before turning to me, "Sorry about that, I just didn't wanna lose my job,"

"No, you're all good," I smiled, just as he handed over room keys to us both. He waved us off before the two of us decided to head to the elevator. "Thank you for helping me, I never talked to Sam about the hotel rooms so I'm glad you were there,"

"He told me actually, he wanted me to keep an eye out for you in case you checked in early," She explained, a soft smile resting on her face as she pressed the button.

"I didn't see you on set today,"

"I felt sick."

"Ah," I nodded, "I'm glad Sam let you get some rest."

"I know, I didn't think he was gonna, but he was fine with it and decided to push my scenes back,"
Madelaine said, just as the elevator opened.

The two of us stepped in, while she pressed our floor number since we were on the same one. As soon as the doors shut, I could feel us start to go up.

"So where's Travis?" I asked her.

"Home, what about Ariana?"

"Same thing."

"Greyson," She paused, looking around the elevator, "We aren't moving,"

I frowned, stopping for a second, only to see that she was right. I didn't feel us moving at all and the doors didn't look like they were about to open either.

"Are we stuck?" I blurted, genuinely confused, "I've never been stuck in an elevator."

"I think we are," She sighed, while I looked over and saw her trying to press the help button, only it was greyed out.

"We should wait it out,"

"I think so, I don't want this thing to drop," I didn't say anything back, deciding to sit down against the wall, while she looked at me crazily, "How are you so calm?"

"I'm tired, we're stuck, panicking isn't gonna do much."

"You're right," She said, taking a seat on the other side, "I didn't even eat,"

"Soup is boring anyway,"

"I wasn't really sick, Greyson," Madelaine giggled, looking over at me while she shook her head, "It was just a hard day with Travis,"

"You miss him?"

"Not really, we're kinda in a rough patch—is it weird to be talking about this with you?"