thirty seven

GREYSON'S POV

"Okay, that was fine, but I need you to show a little more emotion. I get its late, but in this moment, Peyton is just discovering how to use her powers, you sound like you're tired of them already, and we're not even two scenes in," Sam explained, just as I repositioned myself in the set that was made to look like Peyton's room, "Action!"

I looked down at my hands, which were supposed to have just shot webs out of them. I stepped closer to the marked area, rubbing my finger against the desk that was there, marked with string, "I..." I started, examining the web, before I slammed my back against my bedroom door, making sure to lock it.

"Peyton! What was that?"

"Nothing Aunt May, just a—my phone fell."

"God, Peyton, you have to be more careful."

"I know, sorry," I yelled back, before looking at my wrists once again. I flung them as if I were trying to shoot a web out, and Peyton was unsuccessful the first time, but trying with my right wrist, the web shot out, hitting a book, "Wow..." I mumbled, pulling the book over to me, as the web stayed intact.

I tossed the book somewhere on the ground before hopping in my desk chair and immediately pulling out my laptop, to do some research as my script read. "This doesn't make any sense...I'm supposed to be sick, paralyzed, or even dead..." I sighed, scrolling through the fake Google tabs as the cameras moved closer and around me for better angles, "And of course there's nothing," I shook my head, getting up from my chair as another web shot out.

I yanked my arm to pull the web from what it had latched on to, which only made another web shoot out, compromising both of my hands. Sighing in frustration I tried to pull both of my hands free, causing me to stumble on my chair, before I grabbed the webs with my hands, and tried to pull them off, eventually tangling all the webs.

"Jesus," I said, only growing more annoyed. I wrapped the web around the handle of my door, kicking my foot up to pull away from it and break the web, and while I was successful, the doorknob came flying, landing right in my stomach as I fell.

"Peyton, seriously—"

"Sorry! I'll move my phone to a different spot!" just as I was getting up, I turned around quickly, seeing Madelaine knocking on my window.

She asked me to open it, and after a second of standing there confused, I came over, opening it while she crawled inside.

"MJ?" I asked, watching the girl take a seat on my bed, "What are you doing here?"

"Needed to escape," Madelaine shrugged, looking around the room, "I didn't know you were so messy,"

"No, it's just—I saw a spider,"

"Oh," She said, trying to contain her laughter, "I'm sorry, I just didn't think Peyton Parker would be afraid of spiders."

"Oh really, why do you say that?" I smiled curiously, taking a seat next to her.

"I dunno...it's just I've seen you in Biology and me and you were the only ones who weren't bothered by that lizard."

"Well, I am," I shrugged, while it was obviously a lie, I watched her eyes meet mine, and suddenly there wasn't much space between us, "So, do you always knock on your classmates' doors in the middle of the night or am I just special?"

"Well, we're friends Peyton," She reiterated with a smirk, "And no, it's just you...I figured you'd be up."

"Is something wrong?" I blurted, noticing the sadness in her eyes.