Catalina

The water was starting to turn cold so I knew it was time to get out. Turning the water off I stepped out looking around for a towel. One was hanging on the door and I also saw my bag on the counter top. I didn't even hear the door open. Looking through it I saw that in my hurry I only grabbed shorts, tank tops, and undergarments.

"Nice Lin. Grab something that would show everything."

While running my hand through my wet hair I made the mistake of looking in the mirror. I had an ugly black and blue bruise lining my jaw and hairline. Looking a little lower, I dropped the towel and immediately looked away, Tim's hand prints were visible on my inner thighs. An overwhelming sick feeling rushed through me making me hover over the toilet throwing up everything I had in my stomach.

Finally putting my clothes on I threw on my sweater and it was a good thing that it went just a little below my thighs. Covering the hand prints which was the main thing for me to hide. It was the best, for now, there was no way I want to put my sweats back on because I just threw them on after Tim had done what he did. A shiver went down my spine, I was going to throw that shit away. I grabbed my bag and left the bathroom. I followed the voice until I found the kitchen but stopped short.

"How about we call Aiden. He is still the president of the Hell Raisers, no?"

"He is, how deep is she in this. Can Ebony end up dead because of this shit?" Yes, yes she can, that is if my mom is not already died.

"Catalina did tell me much. Hell, I didn't even know she was coming. She just showed up on my doorstep this morning," My dad said. "I knew I should have gone down there to at least visit. But I listened to Ebony when she told me that Catalina didn't want to see me. I thought when she was ready she would come find me," I never told mom to tell him that! He must think I hate him.

"I never told mom that," All eyes snapped to me when I rounded the corner. "I just thought you didn't want to come see me anymore..." my voice trailed off at the end when I realized that I gave away that I was listening.

"How long have you been standing there?" My dad asked pulling a chair out next to him.

Taking a seat next to him I thought about my answer. "Not long, I just heard what you said about what mom told you." He gave a nod then pulling a plate in front of me.

My cringed my nose when I saw what was on the plate. "What's that look for?"

I couldn't help but laugh a little. "Guess mom never told you anything, huh? I'm a vegetarian. I don't eat meat or anything animal products."

"Please tell me you're joking?" I started laughing shaking my head.

"You can thank the third grade for that, they took us on this field trip to a farm and that day just so happened to be the day Farmer James was stocking up on his meat. He didn't know we were passing by when shot the cow in the head."

Everyone in the kitchen started laughing I even joined in. It was not funny that I saw a cow getting shot in the head. But for the fact that they thought it was funny I saw a cow die at that age. "Okay, so what do you eat them?"

"Anything green, Veggies, tofu, junk food, and I drink protein shakes to replace the meat." My dad shook his head laughing a bit.

"Well then, we have to go shopping for your things then." I smiled nodding a bit.

"Has mom tried calling?"

"No baby, but the boys and I are going to head over there. I want you to stay here and do not open the door for anyone," I gave a nod but then I realized something I had school today.