Catalina

We have been staying at the compound for about three weeks now, and things have been great. My dad was proud that I was taking the whole club life by the horns. Everyone was nice to me but then again I have a feeling it is because of my dad. I still remember the look on some of their faces when I told them Blaze was my dad. It was pretty funny if you ask me. I even went back to school! That has been great as well never in my life did I feel like I can be this happy.

Things with Bo have been great as well and I hope that never changes.

Right now I was at the shop, I come here every day after school and work for a few hours. Pablo is just too funny to be around, he became the big brother I never had. There are times when I would be working and he would spray me with a water hose. He would say that he was calling me for about five minutes. So now instead of just calling out to me, he gets the hose.

"Hello?" My head snapped to the door as a guy stepped in. He looked oddly familiar but couldn't place where I have seen him.

"Can I help you?" I asked walking up to him as I cleaned off my hands since I was working on a car. He looked to me a little confused but the covered it up.

"Yeah, is there anyone who has time to look at my car? It has been making this grinding sound and I can't figure out what it is." He looked around again for someone else but saw no one.

Pablo surprised me when he said he was going to leave me in charge of the place while he was out. No one seemed to even mind, I guess that is the brother bond of the club. They trust each other. There were a few guys here but they were way in the back working on things.

"I can help you." I gave a smile and walked outside to see a black 1969 SS Chevelle. I had to admit it was a nice car. "Can you pop the hood for me?" I asked looking over my shoulder, he gave a nod and walk to the driver side and popping it open.

I felt him come back to the front of the car standing next to me, it was apparent that he took care of his car. Everything was up to date and looked new. My eye's scanned over everything in the car, to see if anything stands out. "When does the grinding sound happen? After or before you turn on the car?"

I looked up at him and was taken back on how familiar his deep brown eyes were. When his eyes met mine he seemed to be thinking the same about me, but we both said nothing. He cleared his throat. "It's when I start the car, it's a very heavy grinding sound when cranking up. But not after it's on." I gave a nod thinking it over.

"Can I see your keys?" He gave a nod and handed them to me. Sitting in the driver's seat I turned the car on. I pulled a face when I hear the sound for myself, it did not sound good at all. But more things popped in my head after hearing it.

Stepping out the car I was talking to myself about the problem. Looking back under the hood I started trying to get a good look inside. "What do you think it is?" He asked.

"Well, it can be a couple things," I said stepping back and looking over at him as well handing his keys back. "You might have a tooth missing on your flywheel or it can be the Bendix that is not kicking out all the way." I started to make small clicking sounds as I was thinking. "Or it can be the flexplate."

He was quite as he stared at his car, he looked a little frustrated. Probably mad because it can be bad if not taken care of. He shook his head and looked over at me. "How much is that going to cost?" I gave a shrug looking back to the car.

"It's roughly around five bolts to pull out the starter to check." He raised his eyebrow at me and I gave shrug. Many guys who come here think I'm joking when I say I can help. until they hear me talk and they realize that I know my stuff.