Catalina

As I drummed my fingers on my dad's bike I hummed a tune in my head. I could never get tired of the song, Fire N Gold by Bri Miller. It was a good song if you ask me. I was about to start to have my own little concert in my head when a bike pulled up. It didn't take a lot to know that it was Power. I was nodding my head slowly, but then it hit me when he got off his bike. Power.

"Power!" I yelled making his head snap up in surprise. It had me giggling a little. Hoping off my dad's bike I ran to him. "Power, Dean tried to manhandle me so I kicked him in the nuts. Then my dad said to come out here."

"He what! I'm going to kill that boy." Power was about to start walking when I stopped him.

I wrapped my arms around him and he went rigid for a few seconds. He then wrapped his arms around me and I smile. "I forgive you." Smiling up at him, he was clearly taken back again. "But we can talk later because you have to go deal with Dean." He gave a nod then kissed the top on my head then walked inside.

Tapping my hands on my thigh I didn't know what to do next. How long were they going take? Great. I should have just met my dad here instead of coming with him. Pulling my phone out I shot Sammy a text and she replied saying can pick me up. Smiling to myself I sat back on my dad's bike and shot him a text telling him I left with her. This was also the weekend we are going to the lake, I was actually thrilled to go. I always loved the lake.

***

"Well, that blows," Sammy grumbled next to me. "What in the hell are we going to do now?"

We were watching the news to find out how the weather was going to be this weekend. Only to find out that the lake's water was infested with mosquitos, so they closed it off to the public. We were sitting around doing nothing while I was waiting for Bo. Sammy was waiting for Cam. Maybe we can go see a movie we can quadruple date. Detrick has a girlfriend and so does Cassie.

It can be fun.

"How about we see a movie then dinner?" I voiced flipping over the sofa and laying my head on Sammy's lap.

She gave a half shrug. "There is nothing good out, well nothing I want to see." She mused.

Think Lina, Think what can we do that is fun?

My eyes went around the room trying to find something to do. It was the weekend and we had shit to do. Sighing I got this idea and starting walking out back, I felt Sammy following me out back. Getting there I headed to the willow tree. Standing under it I looked up thinking then smile.

"A tire swing!" I did a little dance. "You go look for some rope and I'll find a good size tire. There has to be something out here."

I took off running and started looking for a big tire. It has been a while since I had a tire swing, they were always so much fun. What felt like an hour was only a few minutes, I found a good size. Rolling it to the tree, I saw that Sammy had already found a rope. I decided to climb the tree and tie the rope. Once Sammy had the tire on I jumped down and we looked at our handy work.

Giving each other high-fives and laughed a little.

From the corner of my eye, I saw someone walking over to us. Turning my head, I saw Bo, smiling I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. I was starting to feel tired again, after all, I was still recovering from the operation. Me up and running is not so good at the moment.

"Tired baby?" Bo mumbled in my neck, I just nodded pulled him a little closer. "Want to go lay down?"

"Yes please." I gave a little smile. Looking over my shoulder I saw that Cam was pushing Sammy on the swing. So I decided to give them time alone.