Chapter 10|| GPP

Dominique Singh
(Dom • mi • neek)

I dropped Xiomara off at her parents, then I had time to sit in my thoughts.

The lies are gonna catch up to me but if she's looking at it how I am, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Yesterday, I finally agreed to my mother's conditions. I can juggle two lives. I can still be with Xi and honour my mother's arrangement.

I love Xi and at times she uses my weakness against me. Always throwing in my face that I don't have a job, but I'll prove to her that I'm doing better.

Leading two lives won't be hard with Xi. I know how she is.

And my mother will listen to whatever I tell her.

I'll stay with Xi during the daytime into the evening. Then midnights, I'll sleep at my mother's that way she'll let me keep the card and she'll be willing to give me money whenever I need it.

Yesterday I technically didn't lie about an interview. My mother and I have a...business agreement.

Yesterday was one hell of a day for me between my mother and Romelou.

{FLASHBACK}

I knocked on the door to my parents house. My mother opened the door.

"Good morning Mother" I say stepping in. I remember when I used to be a mamas boy.
She never made me lift a finger, even when dad would complain that I should do something around the house.

Being a only child didn't help either.

"You're late. I told you 9:00." she scolded.

"I know I had to drop X—, I had something to do before coming here."

"Well I'm going to make my breakfast so you can wait in the living room or join me in the kitchen."

"I'll wait in the living room"

"Did you eat? Would you like some breakfast?" she asked. "You look skinnier, the ghetto bird stressing you out?"

Quite the opposite actually.

"She's not. I don't need anything to eat, I would just like to talk about the offer you told me about on couple weeks back."

I'm always tense around my mother, she's a perfectionist and always need everything to go her way.

I'm seated in the living room. Waiting for her, she just taking her own time to eat one small egg sandwich.

My phone started to ring.

Shit.

I quickly walked upstairs, I wasn't expecting her to call me.

Me: Babes

Xi: Hey, how was your interview?

I almost forgot that I told her I had a interview.

Me: Babes, it's a long story. Mi still inna the place.
Suh lata mi gi yuh the full 100.

I didn't lie, I just bent the truth a little bit.

Xiomara: Still?

Me: Yea. Bay fuckry a gwaan.

Xiomara: Like wah suh?

I didn't have enough time to think of a lie. Not long after I heard footsteps coming upstairs. My mother called out my name and I had to wrap this conversation up.

My mother doesn't like Xi, needless to say Xi does not like my mother either.

Me: Lata mi tell yuh, mi affi guh weh now.