Chapter 13|| GPP

Dominique Singh
(Dom • mi • nique)

After dropping her sister home, I wanted to spend as much time with her as I could before heading back to my mother's house.

"Mi have sumn fi yuh" I said to her.

"What?"

"When we reach home."

"Caah wait fi see what this is...maybe one next bed slippers? Different colour."

"Really, dat yuh come up wid?" That hurts a little, she knows that I'm trying.

I'm doing all of this for her.

She shrugs.

The ring is still in the glove compartment, hopefully she doesn't open it.

Placing my hand on her thigh I gave it a little squeeze. "Tell yuh seh yuh naav nuh faith inna me enuh"

"Honestly these days mi only have faith inna God. Not even mi self mi nuh have faith inna."

"Why yuh inna dah mood here?"

"Me tired, hungry and waah gaah mi yaad. Don't mind me." She sighs

"We a gah the gala tomorrow or wa?" I asked her just to make sure I have all my stories aligned.

"Me never get nothing today but me have a pants suit Weh me affi guh work wid" she said

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

She was getting ready to take a shower when I stopped her and handed her an envelope.

"This yuh have fimi?" she questions.

"Yea"

She opens it widening her eyes.

"Tell yuh seh me ago double it."

"Weh u get so much money from Dominique?"

"Me get an advance from work babe."

She squinted her eyes "one day you de work and a get advance already?"

"Hear me bout advance a sign on bonus babe" it alarms me how easily the lies roll off my tongue.

But she looks as if she believes me and that's all that matters right now.

"Me ago Mek sumn fi eat so yuh can have dinner and me can have lunch fi Lata Gwan go bade." I leaned in and kissed her.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

The next day

I had to sneak out this morning before my mother and Khaleesi noticed I was gone.

When I walked in the apartment building the receptionist let me know that we had some packages, so I picked them up and made my way up to our apartment.

Today I'll be accompanying Xi to the gala.

I walked in and she was still sleeping. She's a light sleeper as soon I kissed her, she opened her eyes.