Chapter 21|| GPP

Xiomara Hendrix
(zee (o)-ma-ra)

"Yuh waah dodo?" he asks, rubbing his stomach and Egypt didn't answer.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, I feel like a creep just standing here.

He turned to look at me "Him a seh him belly and head a hurt him."

I may be overstepping but I went into the room.

"him might have gas. Yaav ginger?" I ask him.

"Yea"

"Ok I'll go boil some for him." I said but he said he'll do it, I should stay with him.

I sat next to Egypt on the bed and he curled into my arm making himself comfortable in my hold as rub his stomach and tried to comfort him.

Romelou Shaqiri
(Rum • el • low)

I came back in the room to see both of them fast asleep. I've never let any girl get this close to my son before.

Her mouth was wide open and she was snoring before waking her up I quickly grabbed my phone and took a video of her.

I shaked her a little, she opened her eyes and apologized for falling asleep. Then took the cup from me to feed him.

"Mi did aguh ask....yuh still waah be him stepmother?" I tease her.

She used her free hand to cover her face. "Listen mi neva send him fi ask that."

"Yuh naah fi deny weh yuh feel fi mi enuh Hendrix. We a big people"

She held her hand up to show me a ring

"Weh yaah show mi dat fah?" I asked.

"I'm kind of engaged."

"To your boy?"

"Yes. How do you know him?"

"From high school days"

"Yuh muss know him well fi always a boy him up suh."

"Mi nuh know ntn bout nuh boy. Woman alone mi know bout"

"Apparently." she said in a judgemental tone.

"Weh dat suppose to mean?"

"It mean yuh busy. But, it's none of my business suh mi just aguh keep my mouth shut."

"It sound like yuh wah mek it your business."

"I don't" she said defensively.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

She was here longer than I anticipated, it's now 6:00 pm and Egypt won't allow her to leave.

He has been attached to her by the hip.

Watching them I remember how I sent him to tell her she looked pretty, and he came back and said one of the girls asked him if he wanted a step mother.