Chapter 16|| GPP

Romelou Shaqiri
(Rum • el • low)

|FLASHBACK CONTINUES|

My first stop this morning was to Mr. Pete's office we filled out the paper work and he got it sent out immediately, India should be getting  served  before end of day.

I need to take full custody of my son.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Cause me did late fi practise Ron make the whole team do one hundred burpees and if anybody look tiad we had to start all over again.

Wrapping up practice when my mother called, breathless, I heard some commotion at the other end of the phone and I started to lose my mind.

"Mumz , wah happen?? Who dat?"

"Romelou, come over here right now and control this girl. She stand up outside my house a knock down mi grill."

"Who?" I question while rushing to my car.

"India, she said you want take her son. What is going on?" She shouted

If this gal touch a hair pon me mada she ago live fi regret it.

"Mommy mi deh pon mi way right now. Mek sure yuh stay inside and don't hang up."

Pulling up to my mothers house I spot her inside while India and one of her friends were outside at the grill threatening my mother.

"Mommy gwaan in" I don't want her to see how dark I could get.

Grabbing her at the nape "aye bloodclat gal Weh yuh come a me mada yaard a Mek a baga noise fah wid yuh eedat fren!? Wah yuh problem."

"Let me guh!" she turns around and slaps my hand away.

"Yuh waah tek mi pickney from me? Like a you lay down inna hospital inna pain fi twelve hours dutty boy?! You and yuh family delusional as fuck if unuh tink unuh a get mi pickney."

I scoffed slightly at her remark "mi nuh inna the bagga talking wid you enuh, it betta yuh gwaan from yah suh before yuh mek me guh jail."

"Yaah serve me papers bout sole custody, Romelou please remember who yaah ramp wid." She drapes my shirt, and my reflex made me regretfully grab her by the throat.

I was trying to control myself.

"Know yuh self India, weh yaah come a mi madda house wid dis fah? Yuh nuh know weh fi find me. Eeh"

The veins in my hand started to become pronounce.

"Romelou, please let her go we just came for Egypt that's all." The friend said holding onto my hand.

One thing me nuh play with and a family and today she pushed passed my limits.

"Yow yuh nuh seh nothing to mi yere, yuh shoulda tell yuh friend nuh come yah." I pointed in her face and she stepped back.

I was seeing red that  I didn't realize when my mother came back outside "Romelou, let go!" She yelled.

That was the only reason I let her go.

She took several deep breaths after coughing. With tears in her eyes.

"Mi aguh mek sure Egypt know seh yah dog shit who put him hand pon him madda."

"The two a unuh come out a mi mada yard!"

"Mi naah leff without mi pickney!"

"Yaah leff without him enuh. Or yah guh tan up out yah like idiot. Yuh naah get him. When yuh did fi have him yuh gone a Mobay, gwaan back a Mobay."

"Suck yuh madda Romelou."

I step off to move towards her and my mother yells out my name

"Romelou Shaqiri! Go home, leave her and go!" My mother scolded. "This girl aguh put yuh inna problems." she claps.

"Weh Egypt?" I ask.

"Egypt alright, please go home." she begs

Before I could the deep a voice of my father came from behind me

"What's going on here?" he asked.

He started to look at all of us waiting for a answer.

"Somebody answer me, why is there so much chaos at my house?" he continued.

"Good evening Roland, your son waah tek weh mi child from me." she started to cry hard.

Such a manipulative woman. I know how she is, we were in a relationship for four years, engaged when Egypt was born, then broke up when he was one year old.

"Romelou?" He said in a questionable tone.

My father is big on respecting woman, thank God he wasn't here for earlier events.

I scoff, "dads, she nuh care bout Egypt."

"Suh oh, you can go road and duh weh you want but when a my turn it's a problem." She faces me.

"Yes, it's a problem when a your week fi have him!" I retort.

She turned to my father, "Mr. Roland I just want to see my son that's all, I didn't come to cause a commotion."

"The boy inside, Faith?" he questioned my mother.

"Yes."

"Guh get him," he instructed.

She brought Egypt out and he spots me first "hi daddy" he said excitedly,

"Hi baby" India greets him.

"Hi mommy." He turns to my mother. "Grandma can I go outside to tell my daddy what happened at school today."

Not wanting my mother to open the grill, I walk up to the grill bending down to his level so he could tell me what happened at school.

He calmed me down when he told me stories about pictures he coloured and friends he played with. Even if the stories he's telling is confusing and twisted up.

"Do you want to stay with grandma again?" I ask him.

"Yes but, I want you to pick me up from school tomorrow"

"Ok, I will." Pushing my hand through the grill offering him a fist bump. "Tomorrow, daddy a leave now."

"Ok"

India followed, walking to the grill. I don't hear what they were talking about but I stood there watching just to make sure she leaves without manipulating the situation.

She probably woulda start complain to dads seh mi grab har throat.

When she was done.

"Three of you please leave my property with the drama. Keep it away from my wife and my house." My father instructed.

"Dads—"

"Romelou, mi nuh waah hear it, two you gwaan a your yard guh argue." he said sternly. "Keep that behaviour far from here" he didn't want to hear anything.

I hissed and stepped off to my car. Thank God my mother came back out or I probably would've choked india to death.

All this right before my birthday.