1

chicago davis
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"Chi town!" I heard, turning the corner to head to my next class. Glancing back I saw the girls basketball coach making his way toward me.

"Wassup, Coach Lee?" I asked, leaning against the locker a bit. "You still haven't made ya mind up yet, seasons about to start." He told me, I nodded.

"I love basketball, coach. I just don't think I can actually play it again." I shrugged, he sighed. "Just come to one practice, if you don't like it then I'll leave you alone. But I NEED YOU kid!" He told me, I chuckled, getting interrupted by the bell.

"Well, there's the bell. I'll see you later Coach." I stated, jogging off to my next class.

I'm definitely playing ball, just not for this garbage ass school. Niggas get did by 30 an entire season, got me fucked if he think I'm joining that losing ass team.

The last coach didn't care, shit he still got a check on the 15th and the 30th, no matter how many games he managed to win (which were 0.)

But apparently Coach Lee is rebuilding, but I don't buy that shit. The same girls who've been on the team are still on the team, only shit that changed was the coach. They'll be a losing ass team with a coach who wants to win.

Embarrassing the school even more than it's already been.

I got inside just in time before my teacher closed the door. Taking my seat next to Jalia, she was already looking at me.

"What?" I asked her.

"How come you late?" She started. "Don't start with me." I insisted while leaning back in my chair, the teacher silently took role and left us to do whatever it is we did daily in his study hall.

"What, I just asked a question." She chuckled, I ignored her while scrolling through my ig. "You real fucking rude, Chi."

"I know." I mumbled, shrugging. I took out my AirPods and put them in, going to my young thug playlist as I listened to his music while waiting for the bell to go off, signaling lunch.

Once it did, I was out of there.

I made my way to my car, furrowing my eyebrows as a group of individuals stood next to it, huddled up. "What's goin on?" I asked as I approached it, a familiar guy from my class turned around and let the smoke blow from his mouth.

"You leaving boil, ya' shit hiding us from the cameras." He explained, I nodded while holding my frown, glancing around the circle but I didn't let my eyes stick, I just got in my car and started it, pulling away from the spot.

I pulled up to subway and went inside, ordering myself a number 3, and then I got a tall cup of lemonade to go with it. I love lemonade.

Lemonade has to be the lord's piss. It's so delicious. The shit has to be a celestial beings urine, there's no convincing me otherwise.

I paid for my order and headed straight back to my car, making my way back to that bogus ass school I attend. Upside high school. The school real smart as hell, but I wouldn't understand how half the motherfuckers that attend this jawn got in.

Maybe 15-20 years ago they actually reviewed kids applications, nowadays they just letting kids in. It never bothered me no way, I do me and get out this hell hole.

I made my way back into the school with my lunch and headed to the cafeteria, sitting at my usual table alone as I took out my sandwich and went to work on that jawn.