14

February 4th
Chi

The week went on without me hearing from Tae, she never came back, and she didn't come to school either. I tried texting her a couple times but the messages just sent as a text message, which made me think I was blocked, so I stopped trying.

Until she posted on her story a few mins ago, so here I was on the way to her crib. The snow was finally clearing up but it still was cold as fuck, had mfs walking around the hood with big ass puffers on.

I approached her crib, going to knock on her door but I heard her voice. Stepping back down, I glanced at what seemed like the basement.

"What you doing here, pretty girl?"

"Looking for you, dickhead," I said as if it was obvious, because it was? Hello?

"Why you looking for me?"

"Why you keep ghosting?" I asked, she didn't say anything, just stared at me.

"Bro if you don't answer me ima kick you in your shit." I told her, she chuckled. "Come on."

"No, go open the door and let me come in that way—."

"—nah, I gotta go all the way upstairs—."

"—ima knock then—."

"—man here I come."

I smiled and made my way back up to the porch steps, a few seconds later the door opened and she appeared there, dressed in a white tee, some sweats, and the fuzzy bear claw slippers.

I closed the door behind myself and followed her inside, instantly being pulled down a hall to the last door on it. She opened the door and made her way down and I followed behind after closing the door behind myself.

I glanced around the spacious area, hearing a creek I glanced back to see her in the bed again. "Wassup?"

"Nigga.." I said, she rolled over and grabbed a blunt from the lil ashtray on her nightstand. "So you just gonna ghost and smoke ya' life away?"

"Chi don't come in here with the b.s." She insisted, lighting the blunt.

"Sit down. Here." She offered me the blunt but I shook my head. "You blocked me?"

"Nah, my phone been dead for a few days."

"Where the fuck you been at that doesn't have a charger?"

"Don't worry about that." She insisted, I sighed. "So... how was it?"

"How was what?" I asked.

"Ya' lil date week with ya' shorty."

"Is that why you ghosted me?"

"No, Chicago. I didn't ghost you, I just had shit to do." She replied, I shook my head. "Why you so tight, sit down. Loosen up." She insisted while laying back.