12

January 13th
chicago

"Chi! Ya friend down here!" My pops yelled, I sighed and sat my controller down before I made my way downstairs. Tae stood by the front door, already in her socks as she stared up at me.

"Yo?"

"Yo..?" She replied, leading the way upstairs, I furrowed my eyebrows and followed her. "What you doing here?" I asked, watching as she slipped her sweats off.

"What? I can't come over no more?"

"Not after you ghosted me for a week." I replied, she smacked her lips. "I'm sorry." She apologized, sitting on my bed.

"Being away from you just made me realize that I missed you." She admitted, I pretended to ignore her and got back onto my game but she smacked the skin of my back since I wasn't wearing a shirt.

"Yo chill out—."

"—quit ignoring me then, I said I'm sorry." She repeated. "Ok." I stated, getting into my car.

"Ok.."

I continued to play my game, pausing it I placed a waypoint over the casino and began to go there. We continued to sit for a few more minutes of silence before she sighed.

"You gone keep acting weird or what?"

"I ain't." I shrugged, she sighed again. "Why you so awkward then."

"I don't feel awkward, I'm A-OK." I shrugged.

"Ok Chicago cause you know what I mean, yo." She said, I shrugged again. "Ok." She nodded, the bed felt lighter, and out the corner of my eye I could see her getting dressed again.

I said nothing, just let her go as I continued to play the game.

~

I left Chi's spot and went right to the block, I wasn't bout to kiss her ass. Even though I did miss her. Being back with my old friends just made me realize how much they were bums.

No personality at all.

But Chicago is different. She may seem boring at first glance, but she's a whole set. I miss geeking around with her in her room, watching movies, eating snacks and shit, cuddled up in bed, but in a broly way (new word).

I fucked that up cause I snapped on her, but in my defense, I really wasn't tryna hear that shit. Fuck school, to be honest.

My thoughts disappeared as I heard ice crunching, which made me glance over to see a guy approaching me. I watched him swiftly as he glanced around before coming closer.

"You got the Molly's?"

"Who asking?"

"Let me get 2." The guy insisted, I stared at him for a second before glancing around. I slipped my hand into my pocket and watched as he did the same.

I picked up 2 of the pills with my finger before collecting them into my palm, I brought my hand out and slipped the pills into his hand in exchange for the money.