28

Weeks Later
May 6

Chi sighed as she sat in her geometry class alphabetically lined up with a scratch sheet and a booklet in front of her. She was completely zoned while her teacher read the instructions for the SAT, she was thinking of if she'd actually pass the test.

Even though she'd been studying nonstop for nearly 2 months straight, she still felt as though there was a lot she didn't know. Well she knew so. But during that time period, she felt like she was learning everything she needed to score efficiently on the SAT.

Her eyes glanced up at the clock that read 8:21AM, and she zoned back into what her teacher was saying. "When the timer goes off, all pencils are down..." She zoned out again while just watching the woman's face.

Nothing in particular flowed through her brain, she just felt as though maybe if she only heard her thoughts then she'd remember everything she studied. Versus hearing the teachers voice, someone who'd been half ass teaching her the entire year.

After hearing her cue to start, she picked up the test and flipped to the reading side and her eyes instantly got to work.

-

"You think you did good?" Tae asked Chi while bouncing the ball, Chi sighed and attempted to steal it but Tae went behind the back. "Yeah." She stated while chuckling as Tae teased her.

"Was it hard?"

"Reading wasn't, I read a lot so I already knew half that shit. Math definitely was, and literature got me a little." She admitted while watching as Tae shot, she grabbed the rebound and dribbled out.

"Shit literature had me in a chokehold when I took that shit." Tae admitted, watching as Chi spun off of her and laid the ball up. "What you make?"

"A 24."

"Sometimes I forget that ya' ass is actually smart. In honors classes and shit." Chi remembered, Tae blushed. "Hell yeah, smart as fuck!"

"Girl please. I'd double ya' score if it was possible."

"I believe it, ya' geek ass." Tae told her, getting Chi's lips against hers in return. "Well, Well, Well....!" Chi heard, she looked up from her girlfriends face and was met with the gaze of her teammate.

She chuckled at the girl's dramatic expression before dapping her up. "This you?"

"Yeah, T, this is Londyn. Lon, this is my girlfriend, Tae." Chi introduced the two of them, watching as Tae just eyed the girl before nodding her head at her.

"Yeah.... Bre and them on the way, ima go stretch and whatnot." She said before dismissing herself, Chi nodded before turning to Tae. She thumped her head and got a frown in return.

"Stop being so hostile."

"Why?"

"Why you buggin'? These just my friends." Chi mumbled to her. "I know. I don't like nobody else with ya' attention." Tae admitted.

"You're a mess." Chi chuckled before pecking her lips, Tae pulled her face down and held the kiss a little longer. "Don't start." Chi told her, pulling away.