20

a week later
march 2nd

Tae stood in the street alley with her hands in her denims, observing the area. Watching as Taj came into view, she instantly made her way out. Taj noticed she was there and immediately took off running into the opposite direction.

Tae hawked her down, tackling her against the street. "Thought I wasn't gone catch up to ya' ass huh?" She asked, punching Taj in the eye.

She instantly balled up which resulted into Tae raising up to kick her ribs a few times, getting her to break she began stomping her face. "Don't ever fuck with her again!" She insisted while stomping harder.

Taj grunting and moaning. "Ok, Ight man!" She gave in, Tae kicked her stomach one last time before spitting on her. She then was tackled onto the ground by a stronger individual.

She kneed the person in their stomach before receiving a punch to her jaw, and then another to her lip. She began to swing back, after another hard punch to her nose, her eyes began to water as she heard sirens. The guy got off of her and kicked her leg, he picked up Taj before heading off in the opposite direction.

The closer the sirens got, the more Tae's stomach ached. She rolled over and grabbed her wallet that had fallen out of her pocket before she got up and struck out, not even knowing where she was going.

The sirens got closer, and she could feel them against her back as she cut onto another block and did the dash down it. She cut through an alley, and jumped over the wooden fence in one yard before she ran straight from the side of their house to another alley.

She followed it straight down before sprinting to the next street where the sirens were distant. She noticed that she was near Chi's house, but further from hers so she limped the rest of the way to Chi's house.

Chi just so happened to be standing on the porch, she furrowed her eyebrows at the sight as the sirens started to get close again. She didn't even ask any questions, just straight opened the door and helped Tae in before closing it behind herself.

"What the fuck happened to you?" Chi asked, Tae wiped her face before shaking her head. "I'm good." She spoke, Chi shook her head. "Come here." She insisted, Tae glanced up to meet her worried eyes before looking back down.

"Nah ima dip—."

"— nah you ain't going nowhere." Chi beat her to the door, locking it as she put her back against it.

"You hear them sirens out there, that's probably what you were running from but who the fuck did this to your face, look at you." She attempted pulling Tae too fast but she winced.

"Sorry, I'm sorry." She frowned, going to help Tae walk to the downstairs bathroom. She observed her features in the mirror before wiping her nose with her arm sleeve.

"Look at ya' face." She looked at herself before shrugging, her frown softening once she looked up at Chi. She was about to speak but Chi shushed her.

"Get out these clothes, ima go get you some more from upstairs." And with that she rushed off to do as she said.

She came back down to see Tae hunched over the counter. "You good?"