35

January 8th
Omniscient

"He ain't gone find out." Chi told Miyah, she sat on the girls bed while staring down at her hand. She cut the cast off and was now working on flexing her hand so it could function normally by game time.

"Yeah but how you gone convince yo' coach?"

"Shit I already texted her, she think it's just a bruise anyways. She don't know I fractured it." Chi shrugged, Miyah nodded and grabbed her bag. "Well let's hurry and get back to the gym so ya' ass can work on that shot. I know your jumpshot bout broke as hell."

"Shut up, nigga." She chuckled while following her out of the door. "Laylay, I'm gone!" She yelled to her lil sister before going out the front door, Chi closed the door behind herself and unlocked the doors to her car from the keychain.

Her and Miyah made their way down and got into the car, she started it and headed toward Abington.

-

Tae made her way into the gym with her hands in her pants pocket, clutching hard as she glanced around her surroundings. Her gaze locked on Chi participating in warmups, her former school on the opposite side warming up as well.

She went to the bleachers on the far side and took her time going up, she sat halfway towards the top on the end where she had a great view. She sat and stared at Chi who seemed physically fine, she watched her do a few things before she was taken off by a guy.

By the time she had came back, they did the starting lineups and what not and the game had started, she came back and instantly checked in. "Number #3 checking in for Abington, Chicago Davis.." Tae watched as she made her way out onto the floor and started to play.

They were down 12, and she got in making plays. She got a rebound and pushed the ball on the fast break before skipping the ball to the corner where their PG knocked down the 3.

Chi jogged to catch up with her man, having to play a bigger girl and she stood short corner. After jumping into the passing lane, the PF attempted to go coast to coast but got ripped. Chi's defender got ahead but she hawked her down, as the girl was goin up she jumped and slapped the ball out of bounds.

Their supporting section went wild while Tae watched as she held her hand as if she was in some kind of pain, but didn't think much of it since the girl went on to get a steal and go score the ball.

After watching the first half of the game, around the end of second quarter there started to be some chirping between Chi and a few girls from Upside. The ref had to separate them, and soon enough Chi was shooting tech freethrows for her team.

Afterwards it was halftime and Tae found herself debating on if she wanted to move to where Chi could see her. She decided to wait until she came back out.

Tae moved down the bleachers and sat toward the end while watching as the seconds went out on the clock. She watched as the game started back, Chi and the girl were still chirping.

She watched as the girls scrambled down the floor, Chi's team appearing as though they were freely playing. She came off a flare screen and pulled up for 3 again, knocking it down.