Sons of Garmadon: Chapter 8 - True Potential

Everyone was at Laughy's. It was the morning after they took down Harumi and her biker gang, and they wanted to go out and celebrate at the karaoke bar.

"It's time for training and we're getting started. It's on, you know. And we wanna see you whip and shout it."

"We rock!"

"You roll."

The Ninja were happily singing together to a well-known song. Misako and Pixal smile while a young Wu dances to the beat happily.

Pixal smiles and chuckles at this. She had never seen Wu so active, especially like that. "That must be a strange sight. To see someone you've known for so long suddenly look so young."

"He always had a young soul. At least he's happy." Misako says with a soft smile.

"...jump back, do it again. Ninja, go. Ninja, come on, come on..."

Pixal looks at Lloyd. He was the only one not singing nor celebrating. Instead, he chose to lean against the railing while looking down at the floor with a frown, arms crossed. She frowns. "Not everyone is happy."

Misako looks at her son, nods and walks over to him carefully. "You cared for her, didn't you?"

He breaks his staring contest with the floor and looks up. He props his arms up on the railing, choosing to look away from her. "Why does it matter?"

"It mattered to you. Bruises go away. Bones break and heal. But getting your heart broken?" Lloyd frowns a bit more. "Take time to mourn, but don't let it destroy you. If you bury what's good about you beneath a hard shell, you'll turn out no better than Harumi."

"...They say, go slow. You're gonna see us..."

"...rip into it. Just jump up, kick back, whip around, and spin. And then we jump back, do it again."

"Ninja, go! Ninja, go! Come on, come on. We're gonna do it again. We just jump up, kick back, whip around, and spin."

Lloyd looks behind him, glancing at the small TV for a brief moment before saying, "Dareth, cut the music."

Dareth immediately does what he was told. The Ninja groan loudly and began to complain.

"What is it, Lloyd?"

"Look." He pointed to the TV.

Dareth sighed romantically. "It's always good to see my beautiful Gayle Gossip, ah."

"...where an assailant rammed a stolen garbage truck into the front of it. I am hearing word it was a jail break. A prisoner was freed from custody."

"Okay, maybe not always good. Hey, didn't you just put the princess in jail? You don't think it's her, do you?"

"...Okay. I'm getting verification the prisoner that was freed was the recently-apprehended Jade Princess, Princess Harumi. Security footage caught the two on video."

A clip was shown of Harumi and someone else. Someone that everyone immediately recognized.

Katarina and Lloyd's mouths were agape open as they and everyone else watched the clip of Harumi escaping with Lord Garmadon.

"Holy cow. That looks like..."

"Father." Katarina finishes for Dareth.

"That...That's impossible." Lloyd says in disbelief.

"Could be anyone." Kai says.

"But he has four arms." Zane explains.

"So does Mr. E! Heh. Who doesn't have four arms these days?" Jay says with a wry chuckle.