Hunted: Chapter 2 - Iron and Stone

A/N: Before you continue on with this chapter, please know that Artemis goes by they/them pronouns and Dawn goes by she/her pronouns, as they will be talked about in this chapter. Please respect that. I just wanna say this, just in case you guys assume both of their pronouns in the comments. Thank you, and enjoy this chapter.

A pair of eyes slowly open as a soft pained, tired groan escapes her lips. Katarina puts a hand to her head as she sits up in a bed.

She tries to get a better view of her surroundings. She was in a room with white, pristine walls, and there was a window on the far right side of her with a silky white curtain covering it. The stuff neatly on its shelves and study table, and the soft plush carpet next to her bed looked familiar.

In fact, this whole room she was in was familiar. She's been in here before, but the question was when.

"Starlight, didn't you hear me? I've called for you to get up five minutes ago."

She stopped rubbing her head, and snapped her eyes fully open. That voice.

"I'm coming, Artie!" She calls out to her sibling. She could sense the smile on her sibling Artemis' face. She quickly gets off her bed, and rushes to the mirror standing in a corner of her room by the door. Her eyes widened when she finally saw herself.

Her bangs were longer and her hair was very long, no longer in that half-up, half-down hairdo she had grown accustomed to. She was wearing a different set of pajamas as well. When she looked up at the top of her long vanity mirror, there was a white and violet qixiong ruqun with a standing collar. Accompanying the collar was a yin-yang pendant.

She knew how long she wore that pendant for, but she'd forgotten why.

She put her qixiong ruqun on, and walked out of her room. She wasn't in Ninjago City anymore, she was in a large house. Its walls and floors were white, with the occasional gold here and there.

At least she knew why the Jade Palace reminded her of this.

When she gets to what seems like the dining table, she was greeted immediately by Dawn's disapproving glare.

"Katarina Morningstar, your hair is an absolute mess. You didn't even have the decency to put your makeup on." Dawn says disapprovingly.

"Dawn, it's fine-" Artemis sighs.

Dawn apparently didn't listen to her sibling, because she forcefully sat Katarina down in a chair and twisted her hair into a braid. Once she was done, she puts the braid on the right side of Katarina's shoulder and puts Katarina's makeup on her face.

Dawn holds the mirror inches in front of her sister's face. "There, now doesn't that look a lot better?"

Katarina was now wearing violet eyeshadow that appeared to be a lighter shade than her violet skirt, and her lashes looked a lot nicer. There was a tinge of blush on her cheeks and nose.

She knits her eyebrows together, not liking how she was looking right now.

"Yeah."

"What is this place?" Lloyd asks Skylor after she hops out of the vehicle and leans back a little to crack her back. He looks around what appears to be a warehouse, except it has a lot of discarded junk with large space here and there.

Pixal lands her mech inside, and hops down. Misako, Dareth, and Nya climb out of the back of the garbage truck with Karlof, Turner and Shade. "It appears to be a garbage depot."