Seabound: Chapter 6 - Long Live the King

Nya and Maya swim through the hydrothermic vents as the Ripper sharks gave them chase. They had been swimming away from the sharks for a few minutes now. "Move it, Mom!" Nya yells. 

"I'm going as fast as I can!" Maya exclaims. 

"Well, they're going faster!" The Water Ninja remarks. "I hope they're not hungry!"

"These suits are metal!" Her mother points out. "Don't they know metal tastes terrible?"

"I don't think they care, Mom!" A sulfur vents hits Maya's APS suit, causing her to go off course, but Nya was able to grab her mech just in time. "I've got you, Mom!" The Ripper sharks chase them out of the vents were the temple was hidden, but they were still going after them. 

"Nya! Move it or lose it!"

"They're too fast! We can't outswim them! This is their element!" Nya argues. 

"Water is your element too, dear. This far undersea, your powers are stronger than anywhere else!" Maya explains. Two sharks finally catch up to them and once they were face-to-face, the sharks ram themselves into the mechs. "I know you can do this!"

Nya takes a deep breath and summons her Elemental Water powers. She sends a strong blast of water towards one shark, and a powerful blast at another when it dove towards her. Maya smiles proudly. 

"See? It's working! Don't forget about the third one!"

"What third-?"  The third shark attacks Nya from behind, but she was able to use her powers to send it back. The shark recovers and charges towards her and Maya. "I can take him!"

Suddenly, the mech short-circuits. Nya groans. "Oh, no no no no no, don't shut down on me now!" 

Just when the shark was too close for comfort, something blasts it away from her. Maya and Nya look to see it was Katarina, Jay and Lloyd swimming towards them with their harpoon guns. "Back off, fish sticks!" Jay remarks. 

Maya and Nya breath a sigh of relief. "Jay!" The Ninja continue shooting the shark, until it retreats.

"Impeccable timing, guys!"

Kalmaar walks towards where he imprisoned Nya and Maya. He picks up the destroyed cuffs, and examines them carefully. How were those two able to destroy them? "They have escaped, my Prince!" He startles and yelps when he hears Gripe's voice from behind him. "But do not fear. I unleashed the Ripper Sharks upon them."

Kalmaar widens his eyes out of anger. "You fool! I need them alive!" He picks Gripe up with one of his tentacles and holds the commander tightly enough to constrict him and any further movement. "I must have the location of that island!"

Glutinous timidly walks towards the prince and stands a reasonable distance away from him to avoid getting strangled, too. "Sir! It appears they have been rescued by their friends. My sensors are picking up a vessel."

"What vessel?" Kalmaar growls. 

"The vessel you...um...attempted to sink. It seems to have survived. They repaired it somehow." The scientist says nervously.  Kalmaar sighs and drops Gripe. 

"Interesting. It seems these surface-dwellers aren't quite as frail as I thought. How wonderful," His grip tightens around his tridents, as he smirks evilly. "Oh, this will be fun."

"Thank goodness you all came along. I thought we were done for." Maya sighs with relief once she and Nya were back in the Hydro Bounty. 

"You said you knew I could save us!" Nya exclaims, clearly baffled by their mother's words.

Maya offers a nervous laugh. "Well, I didn't want to be a Gloomy Gus, heh ..." Suddenly, the alarms went off, catching everyone's attention.