SOFS: Ice Chapter 6 - My Enemy, My Friend

Fun Fact: Being a magic user has its advantages and disadvantages. 

While having an inner demon inside of Katarina, her magic grants her the ability to handle her demon powers without getting too overwhelmed or getting killed by them. She also has advanced healing abilities, and she is able to sense other people's magic with her own. 

Her magic relies entirely on her wellbeing, be it physical, mental and/or emotional; If she gets hurt, she won't be able to use her magic well. If she gets too angry or upset, her magic gets explosive like her emotions. If her mental health is down, her magic will refuse to work, she won't be able to perform her spells normally, and/or her magic will be at a minimun at best. 

Also, it is unknown if past magic users have possessed an Elemental Power; Whether or not Katarina is the first one to possess an Elemental Power is up to interpretation. 

It was sunset when Lloyd, Akita and Katarina arrived at the lake leading to the Ice Emperor's Castle the next day. "There it is."

Akita, in her wolf form, transforms back into her human form. She was ready for action. "What are we waiting for?"

"It's gonna be dark soon. We'll have a better chance of crossing the glacier by daylight." Katarina says. Akita sighs, but nods reluctantly. She had waited this long enough. What's a few more hours?

That night, Lloyd, Katarina and Akita sit close to the lantern, trying to get warm. "When you have rescued your friend Zane, what will you do?"

"Go back to Ninjago, if there's a way. What about you?" Lloyd asks Akita, who shrugs. 

"I do not know. The forest is my home."

"Why don't you come with us?" Katarina suggests. 

Akita smiles at the idea. " Do you Formlings have in Ninjago?" Lloyd and Katarina shake their heads. She sighs. "Then I would be alone there, too."

"No, you won't," Katarina says. "We have Elemental Masters in Ninjago. I'm a Master of Form, I can shapeshift into anything. You won't have to be the only one who has an animal form, when you have me."

Akita smiles warmly. 

"We also have a really cool Monastery, video games, a hot tub, uh, there's just these chickens you have to watch out for." Lloyd adds. Akita laughs, glad that her new friends were there to cheer her up. 

Suddenly, her laughter stops and her smiles disappears. She sniffs the air. "What is it?" Lloyd asks. She stands up. 

"Something is coming." She goes into her wolf form and Lloyd immediately hops into his mech. Katarina hops onto the mech's shoulders, and summons her daggers. 

A roar echoes in the distance, catchng their attention immediately. The mech stands up, and hides underneathe a cliff once Lloyd and Katarina spot a dragon flying high in the sky. It was headed towards the Ice Emperor's castle. They both breathe a sigh of relief. 

The dragon turns back around. Lloyd yelps. He activates the mech's shuriken slicer and runs towards the dragon. "AKITA, GET BEHIND ME!" He raises his slicer in the air and blocks the dragon's icy breath. 

The dragon flies around the mech while breathing ice at it. It was trying to trap the mech in an icy trap. "NO!" 

Akita barks at the dragon, who breathes ice at her. She runs out of the way. The mech breaks free from the ice, and grabs the dragon's snout. It brings the dragon down easily. The dragon flies in the air, but the mech grabs its tail. The dragon freezes the hand to keep it on its tail. 

"FUCK!"

The dragon just kept flying higher and higher. 

"NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD!" 

Warning: Hull integrity at 40%

The dragon dives down. Lloyd and Katarina scream when the mech hits the rocks while still being attached to the tail. 

30%

Akita runs after the dragon and mech. 

20%. Warning, warning. Hull integrity: 10%.

"I can count down to my own impending doom, thank you!" Lloyd remarks at the automated voice. 

The dragon drags the mech along the icy lake, letting it hit the glaciers on the ice, until it stopped. The mech flies into a nearby rocky wall, and comes apart. Lloyd climbs out of the mech. Katarina laid unconscious a hundred feet from him. 

The dragon opens its mouth, preparing to freeze them both. Akita runs on top of the dragon and puts her wolf body over its mouth to prevent the dragon from freezing her friends. The dragon throws her aside on the rocky wall. She lands on one of the broken pieces of the mech. 

The dragon was about to freeze Lloyd and Katarina, but it stops. It picks them up with its talons and flies towards the Ice Emperor's castle, just as Akita goes back into her human form with a pained, hopless expression on her face. 

The ice dragon lands at the entrance of the castle, where Vex and a few of the Blizzard Samurai were waiting. The dragon drops Katarina and Lloyd at Vex's feet, who demands the Blizzard Samurai to pick them up. 

They pick the unconscious Ninja by their arms, and Vex checks them to see if they were still unconscious. He laughs, seeing they weren't able to put up a fight against them. 

The Blizzard Samurai drag them inside, and once they were inside the throne room, they drop the Ninja in front of the stairs leading up to the Ice Emperor's throne. 

The Ice Emperor opens his eyes, intrigued about what his Blizzard Samurai have brought him. Lloyd groans weakly, and was barely able to support himself when he was brought before the Ice Emperor. He opens his eyes, barely able to comprehend what Vex was saying. 

"My Emperor, behold, the strangers in green and purple."

The Ice Emperor breaks his arm free from the throne, and slowly walks down the steps. Lloyd fully opens his eyes while his sister remains unconscious, now seeing the Ice Emperor standing before them. 

He looks at the Ice Emperor, then the scepter he was holding. Squinting his eyes, he could barely make out the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu. 

No, it couldn't be. 

His eyes widen in shock, as the Ice Emperor continues to stare at him with those familiar blue eyes. 

"Zane?"